chapter 2: jack's pov

jack's pov.

"im coming mom!" i say as i grabbed my backpack that i had prepared last night and went down the stairs for my breakfast. we were having some pancakes but i had to hurry up if i didnt want to be late for school. i finished my breakfast and went to brush my teeth. i looked at myself in the mirror. 'i hope i make new friends this year. maybe im a popular kid but i hate it. most, if not all of my friends are fake. they don't actually care about me or love me. i hate living like this. i just want to be genuinely loved by someone.' i almost teared up but i couldn't get to my first day of school crying. i finished brushing my teeth and i got in my car. i had just recently gotten my permit in the summer so i could drive myself to school this year.
"bye sweetie! i love you" i heard my mom say as i got in the car. "bye mom, i love you too".

i got here, barely in time. i went to my locker to empty my backpack so it wasnt as heavy. 'hm, the locker next to mine doesnt have a lock. maybe its for the new kids to use. i hope the person who uses this locker is nice'.
i hurried to classroom 18 for my biology class, and sat down in the best place i could find. i started scrolling through my phone and said hello to some of my friends. or should i say, my "friends". i noticed a new face coming into the room. he was a guy, he looked shy and kind of awkward but at the same time he looked like that person who you want to be friends with. i thought he was... cute? 'no jack. you're straight. you can't like men. stop saying this to yourself. you cant be gay.'. i had been questioning my sexuality a lot recently ever since i had my first kiss with my current girlfriend. it didn't feel quite right. i didn't like it. it wasn't as they made it seem. sometimes i find myself wanting to kiss a guy, but i don't like the idea of me being... gay... no, i can't be, right?
the new guy sat right next to me and the teacher asked him to present himself. he went up and i listened to him speak. i loved his voice, he seemed like such a cool guy. i wanted to be his friend. i wasn't even paying attention to what he was saying, i was getting lost in how handsome he was. 'no, not handsome. he's just, interesting. i don't like him in that way. im straight. or am i..?'
i heard him say something that made me happy for some weird reason.
f- "i identify as bisexual and i hope to make new friends here"
'why did that make me feel.. happy? i have a girlfriend. i can't like him. i can't.' he sat back down in his place next to me.
s- "hey there new kid, im sean, nice to meet you. if i may ask, what was ur name again?"
i noticed he was nervous. 'maybe he's just an awkward person, i'm sure that him being so nervous doesn't mean anything.'
f- "h-hey uh my name is felix"
'that's such a cute and unique name'. i thought. i told him i loved his name and i couldn't help myself from smiling. he was such a cool guy.
"thanks! sean, right?" he asked after i complimented his name. "well, my name is sean, but my friends call me jack. so, you can call me jack" i told him. he seemed so happy about it. about the fact that we were friends now. i was too, i just didn't want to make it so obvious. mrs. longwell told us to pay attention to the class and so we did. i was excited to become friends with felix. i wanted to become closer to him.
'this is going to be a fun year.'