Chp. 7

A couple days passed and I continued to dodge Nelson, but it wasn’t like he was taking initiative to talk to me either. For all I knew he could be with other girls, and I found myself not caring who he was with or if he was hanging out with other girls.

Devon was sitting on her bed writing a paper for one of her classes, “Talked to Nelson?”

It was weird because I was just thinking about him, “Uh no, not yet.”

I had explained my situation to Devon about Nelson, but I left out the fact that I had started to question my love for him because of her. “What you gonna say?”

I shrugged, “Not to sure to be honest.”

She continued to type on her laptop and she glanced up at me, she was wearing glasses. She was adorable. I wanted to squeeze her face and kiss the shit out of her.

I yelled in my head, Dammit stop thinking like that Amanda!

I grabbed some clothes and started toward the door, “I’m going shower.”

She looked at me, I could tell something was on her mind, but I didn’t want to hear it. I was figuring out my own frikkin problems, and being in love with her secretly… it sucked. Bad.

I walked into the bathroom, hanging my clothes on the door and turning on the shower. I began to wash myself, thinking about the same things I had been thinking about for the last couple of days. Nelson was going to want to talk eventually, there was no If’s or But’s about it, but how was he going to approach it?

I finished up in the shower and walked out, brushing my teeth, and then starting on my hair.

Then the door opened.

In walked Samantha, she was smiling, and her eyes found mine eventually. She fell in to the sink next to mine and started brushing her teeth, “Hey.”

I nodded, “Hey, Samantha right?”

She nodded, smiling at her name, “Yes, so you coming by to the social tonight in my room?”

“Sorry me and my roomie weren’t invited.”

She tilted her head, “Well I’m inviting you…

Hmm, so no Devon huh? What was with this girl? I nodded, “I might come.”

She leaned on the sink, “Why wouldn’t you?”

I shrugged, “I have some homework I gotta work on.”

She turned toward the shower, putting her clothes inside along with her soap and shampoo, “Well, I hope you come. It’ll be fun.”

She began to strip as she let her door close. So she was inviting just me to her little social tonight… no Devon. Was there a reason for that? Did she have something against Devon?

I walked back into the dorm to Devon passed out on her bed, laptop on edge and glasses hanging off her face. I wanted to take a picture of it, but instead I took her glasses and placed them on the night stand. Then I replaced the empty desk with her laptop.

I waited about twenty minutes, it was already 8:30...

Should I go? Samantha looked like the kind of girl that would be pissed if you didn’t take her up on her offer… and the last thing I needed was enemies…

Besides, you could never have to many friends… right?

And Devon wouldn’t take it to heart, would she?

Ahh hell, she was sleeping anyway! I slipped on some jeans and a blouse, not really planning on it being to fancy. I started down the hall and to Samantha’s room.