𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬

It was a known fact that most of the time Penny was seen as a confident, sassy, flirting celebrity who seemed to have everything she wanted. Unfortunately, she had problems of her own and even shed a tear or two when she couldn't hide them anymore.

Usually, the first person who heard about those problems was Romeo. He had been such a big part of her life for a long time and she was the same for him. Now things had changed. During the last year, the ex-lovers found new people with who they had their late-night conversations with. Romeo dated Kaman and even Penny seemed to be lucky with Noah.

Before she thought that he had seen the worst of her but then he hadn't seen her sobbing her eyes out because of her sister yet. Millions of people had worse problems so why was she making this such a big deal? They weren't close and Heather might have said that she never wanted to see her again, so what?

"It still hurts," she accidentally thought out loud under Noah's muscular, warm arms that were around her. When he tightened his hold and answered with a simple 'I know' with a kiss on her forehead, she decided to keep talking.

"I wanted us to be close, you know. I tried my best but she never gave me a chance. And I want to be that big sister who she calls when she panics over a date, not when she only wants to blame me for ruining it. Sometimes I regret agreeing to make Ty my manager because she wouldn't have a reason to hate me this much," she admitted for the first time.

Maybe he tried to be silent but Penny still heard when Noah sighed and started to wonder what it meant. Could it mean that he was tired of hearing about this? Oh great, now she was losing him too!

"I'm sure that she didn't mean any of that. Just give her time and everything will be better. I don't know her but have you considered that she's jealous? I mean, it can't be easy when you're fifteen and your sister is a beautiful and successful superstar," he suggested, still holding her on the floor.

She couldn't stop smiling at the compliment. She had heard those for years even from strangers both in the streets and also in social media. Now, coming out from his mouth, it was like hearing she was pretty for the first time. He truly made her feel like the most special woman without even trying.

Thinking about what he said for a minute, Penny concluded that he might have been right. Heather had stopped complimenting her career after her first songs went on top of charts and Penny started to make a name for herself. Still, Heather was supporting her in the past, especially when she failed her audition in American Idol.

So what happened? What went wrong after Tyler came into the picture? It was obvious that it was her career what Heather had a problem with and maybe she wanted that to herself too. Had she been too blind to see it herself and needed Noah to show it to her? He had never even met her!

She should call her sister and talk about this. Maybe even go there and have a conversation face-to-face, one that hopefully wouldn't end after five words.
It had been over five years since they had had one of those deep conversations about dreams and feelings.

After thinking about this all and Noah, she turned to look up at him and smiled because she couldn't wait for even a second anymore. "I love you, do you want to be my boyfriend?"

Noah's mouth opened and his eyes widened from shock. When he didn't move even an inch almost a minute, she started to fear that she had broken him. "Uh... what?"

Ouch. That wasn't the answer she had hoped for. He had clearly heard what she said but pretended otherwise. The reason for that? He didn't feel the same way about her like she had thought. He had given her a reason to get her hopes up and humiliated her for the second time since her kiss.