" When did you come?" I asked.

" When that dufus came in," said Julian, and started laughing.

"Ok, so Stephen, what do you think, should we do?" I asked.

"What if you tell him that you will do what he say, like the divorce thing and like make up a story like, we both love each other and want to be together" suggested Stephen.

" Isn't it cliched? I mean won't he find it fishy?" asked Julian.

"No, he won't because that Cara knows that me and Nina are best friends and James will be happy to help us as he just wants Nina gone right? So, I don't think he would doubt this and especially Nina" said Stephen. For, a moment that the same idea had struck my mind, but I thought it wouldn't work, but now Stephen says the same maybe this will work.

" Ok, but how will you get close to James?" asked Julian. That's when I noticed that Nathan had not uttered a single word and my hand was still in his hand.

"Nathan," I said.

"Yes," He said.

" What do you think?" I asked.

" I don't want you to get hurt" He said in a worried tone.

" Nathan, Stephen will be there with me. He will protect me and I can protect myself," I said.

" Nathaniel, I will protect my Nina" said Stephen. I felt a squeeze on my hand.

"Ok, then answer my question. How are you going to earn James's trust," said Julian.

" Well, let's see. I love Nina and Nathan had been treating her badly and I want her back and take revenge from him for hurting my Nina."said Stephen. There was a silence as we all knew half of what he said was true.

" Yes, I am sure he will believe this," said Julian.

" Ok, then we will discuss in detail tomorrow. Haley is waiting for me." said Julian, and before I could reply, I heard the door being opened and closed.

"Nathaniel, if you don't mind, I would like to talk to my Nina" said Stephen.

" She is not yours" I heard Nathan say and he removed his hand from mine and I heard the door being opened and shut with a bang.

" I guess your husband is jealous Nina," said Stephen.

"Steph, don't make me hope of this which will never happen" I said.

" Well, that's where you are wrong. That guy is not the same guy I met before your accident. I can feel changes Nia. The way he was looking at you," said Stephen.

"Stephen, he must be feeling guilty and nothing much," I said.

" If only you could see Nia, it was neither guiltiness nor pity. It was more like adoration, caring. You know when I was explaining the plan, I could see his expression change whenever I mentioned you as " My Nina". Nina, he is changing slowly, maybe tables will turn soon and when it happens, I will throw a party for sure" He said.

" Stephen, how can you be like this? I know it is hurting you right now, you are helping me and you know that our love has been ended from my side. How can you be like this Steph? I asked, feeling tears forming as I felt bad because I knew it hurt him every time when I talked to him how I loved Nathan and will always will love him even if we ever part away.

" Nia, you shouldn't worry for me. Now we have to plan to get those leeches out of your and Nathan's life. And Nia, seeing you happy, it will make me happy and who said that it is hurting. Nia, I will also find some beautiful girl for myself, who will mean the world to me. Would you be hurt seeing me happy or be happy for me?" He asked.

" Of course, I will be happy Steph" I said.

" So, then why are you feeling sad. Seeing you happy will make me happy Nina. And maybe this plan will make that Nathan realise that he likes you, maybe he has just started liking you but, we can still make him love you right?" He asked.

"Will he?" I asked.

" Of course Nia" He said and I was suddenly pulled into a hug.

" I owe you a lot, then I thought" I said.

" No, idiot you don't own me anything. We always will be best friend ok?" He said.

" Yes," I said, smiling. I am lucky to have a friend like him. I pray you God to give him what he deserves.

" I love you Nia" He said and felt a pair of lips on my forehead.

" Love you too," I said.

NATHAN'S POV

I went outside to clear my mind. How can he say that Nina was his? She was not his. Even not mine but definitely not his. Hearing those words from his mouth made anger stir in me.But she can be mine right? Come on Nathan stop thinking. I walked back and headed towards the Nina's room. As I was going to open the door. I heard something which broke me.

" I love you Nia" I heard Stephen say. I was praying that Nina won't say it back for some reason I was getting too much attached to her.

" Love you too" I heard her soft voice say and that made me feel sad and felt a tear run down my eyes. What was happening to me?

Hope you like this update. Let me know your views and keep supporting my book.

Vote and Comment

Love,

Aarya❤❤❤