A few hours had passed and Obi-Wan had come out of his meeting with Master Yoda. Not long after reuniting with the Jedi, did they regroup with Padmé as they prepared to go to the ceremonial grounds on the edge of Theed, to honor Qui-Gon's passing.

Jaika and Anakin walked behind Obi-Wan, as people moved down a thin trail towards the hut. Jaika glanced to her side where Anakin walked beside her, with his head tilted downwards in grief, with a pout forming on his lips. Jaika could tell that he was upset that he could not have gotten closer with the older Jedi. Jaika knew this not only because she can feel his emotions, but because she felt the exact same.

Qui-Gon was the first and only father figure that Jaika ever had. Due to their mysterious father's absence, they had to grow up in an imbalanced and seemingly delicate family; where the twins were foreign to having more than one person caring for them. Jaika was not aware of the fact that most people had more than one person looking after them, until she grew a little older and started to become exposed to the way of life in the galaxy.

She was not envious of the people who had allegedly perfect families. She could not be jealous, as she did not see the point of being jealous over something where she had no power to change whatever was wrong. Instead, the girl moved on with her life and decided that she would not spend her life hung up wondering what it is like to live like a free person.

Her demeanor soon changed when she met Qui-Gon. He was the first adult to show any concern over her health, as he addressed her wound towards Watto. Jaika was still not used to the kindness of the people in the Republic. It was going to take a while for her to get used to it.

Almost like how she got used to being cared for by Qui-Gon, as she trusted him more than she trusted many other people. She thought that she would grow up and explore the galaxy with him, where he would teach her and Anakin important lessons. The girl was not prepared to have the man ripped out of her life as fast as he entered.

The girl finally understood why the Jedi refused emotional attachments, as the grief clouds any person's mentality. It was at that moment that Jaika realized how challenging becoming a Jedi would be for her.

Jaika dispatched from her thoughts when she entered the small stone hut, where a couple of guards and Gungans sat down. Jaika sat next to Anakin, who was looking at the fire pit where Qui-Gon's body was covered in a fabricated sheet. Jaika hesitated before reaching her hand out and taking hold of Anakin's, who in response gave it a small squeeze.

Jaika retracted her hand when she saw the Jedi Council take their seats, close-by to where the twins were sat. The girl watched with empty eyes as the fire pit was set alight. The fire viciously burned around the fallen Jedi, the heat of the flames blowing into Jaika's face.

~☆~

It was the next day, and Jaika was told that a few celebrations were to be held in the main street of Theed. For the first time in a few hours, Jaika felt excited.

The curtains of the room that her and Anakin slept in were drawn back, blinding the young girl as the morning sun beamed through the window and into the marble room. Jaika slowly sat up, her loose rags flopping about from her movement. The girl brought a hand to her eyes, as she rubbed them to recover from the best sleep she had experienced in years.

The girl looked ahead and spotted Rabé, who was securing the curtains into the hooks that were attached to the wall. The handmaiden turned around and smiled when she saw the young Skywalker girl. "Morning. I was told to wake you two, as the celebration starts in a few hours." Rabé explained, a kind smile slithering across her lips. Jaika simply nodded back in response, understanding that she needed to be ready.