He had manipulated his way into my heart with his traumatic childhood story. And like a fool which l definitely was , l had fallen for him.

Ferracco ignored Daniel and turned to me fuming in rage. His nose was even flaring.

"We need to talk," he gritted out before walking out of the chapel.

I followed him out. His driver opened the door for me and l slipped inside. Ferracco was sitting besides me staring out of the window with smouldering eyes. I sat as far away from him as possible. Staring at his presence from across the car , l felt distaste rise in my throat like a bitter wine. Just being in the same place , breathing the same air with this vile man was an abomination.

I took out my cellphone and texted Santiago telling him to pick up his car from St Peter's cathedral. The entire ride was silent and charged with tension so thick you could cut it with a knife.

I stared out the window watching the passing scenery while fuming inside. I was holding onto my composure by a mere thread. I wanted to grab him and smack his stupid face until it becomes unrecognisable. I had many questions to ask him.

Why did you betray my love and trust for you?

Was it necessary to dupe me?

Are you enjoying the life you created for yourself at my expense?

We could have been living happily together with our daughter!

Did you ever love me even for tiny bit?

I blinked back tears. The last thing l would do was to cry in front of him and humiliate myself even more. The car screeched to a halt in front of a tall glamorous building.

Ferracco held open the door for me and l stepped out . My face paled with disbelief as l stared up the glamorous building labeled Moretti firm. Ferracco walked into the building leaving me behind to follow.

Everything about the place screamed power and money. Even the lobby was glamorous. A big fancy chandelier hung from the middle of the room. Staring around the fancy place , l gasped in disbelief.

I couldn't believe he had created all these with my stolen money!

It was unbelievable!

I felt a current of anger coursing through my veins as l continued to assess the place. I was going to claim back my entire inheritance to the last penny by all means necessary. I wasn't going to sit back and watch him enjoy all these.

With a new found courage and determination , l followed him into a fancy elevator which took us up to the last floor. The moment l entered the office after him,he closed the door behind us with a thud and seized  both my wrists in his large hands.

I squirmed in pain as l struggled to free myself from his tight hold. His burning eyes bore into my angry ones and l wanted nothing more than to claw out his eyes until l draw blood.

I was the one who was cheated and betrayed yet he had the audacity to glare at me.

"Was it really necessary to show up like that? Couldn't you wait to deal with me privately?," he bursted out angrily , his nostrils flaring.

My whole body stiffened at his words. Instead of explanations and apologies , this was what l got. A rebuke!

My teeth gritted in anger. I should be the one seeking answers from him. I shoved him away with all the strength l could muster and laid a resounding slap on the side of his face.

Ferracco stood still , holding his reddened cheek while glaring at me.

" l will make you pay for this! ," he hissed out in a voice so dangerously low that for a moment l flinched in fear.

"It's you who is gonna pay for running away with my money," l seethed ,refusing to back down from his heated glare.

He smirked much to my surprise. How badly l wanted to wipe off that smirk from his bloody face.

"Do you have any evidence ? Can you prove that we were once married?," he asked in a calm voice which further infuriated me.

Staring at the sick smile plastered on his face ,I found myself wondering what it was that lured me to this devil standing in front of me. He was smiling as if he didn't ruin my life. The brat was smirking after all the pain and hurt he left me with.

I suddenly wanted to crumble that smug look on his face. I stared directly into his blue eyes and said the next words,

" l do have evidence and it's your daughter!"

The smile on his face collapsed to be replaced by a look of pure horror and shock. I grabbed my handbag from the table and walked to the door. I paused in the doorway and took one last look at his pale face before slamming the door after me.

A/N:

I really appreciate it for all those who read up to this point. It means something to me. Plizz don't forget to vote,follow and comment.