Chapter 26

Narrator's POV : -

Narrator's POV : -

Warm sun rays were peeking through the curtains which disturbed Shreshtha. She woke up and rubbed her eyes when she felt pressure on her waist. Turning around she saw that it was Armaan's hands.

She smiled lovingly at the peaceful and carefree look on his face. Just the thought of him is enough to bring a smile on her face.

Carefully she removed his hands and went to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

She came out of the bathroom and saw Armaan hugging her pillow tightly to his chest. She laughed lightly remembering how she found him in the same position on her first day in the house.

She smiled at him before she quietly opened the door and got downstairs to prepare breakfast.

It has been several days since she has made breakfast for everyone. So today she will make it and serve.

On the other hand Armaan woke up to Shreshtha's pillow in his hand and no trace of her in the room. He instantly knew that she must be downstairs in the kitchen cooking so that she could distract herself from last night's thoughts.

Sighing he went to the bathroom and got ready.

While Ayush and Janaki both slept quite late since they both were very worried about their daughter. They knew something must have happened while she was in office because she was her usual cheerful self when she left. It was 7:15 AM when they woke up. Seeing the time they quickly got ready for the day.

Both Armaan and his parents met with each other downstairs and from the look on Armaan's face they knew that it's time to face everything.

Shreshtha on the other hand tried to put her usual cheerful face as she didn't want them to get worried and tensed for her.

She was about to come out of the kitchen and greet them when Armaan suddenly came and pulled her by her wrists and made her sit on the couch.

By the look on their faces, she knew that she would have to tell everything.

Janaki and Ayush sat on Shreshtha's left and right respectively while Armaan crouched down infront of her.

Janaki then laid her daughter's head on her lap and started running her fingers through her hair in a soothing manner. Just like a mother does when her child is distressed.

Shreshtha found solace in her Mumma's lap and all her restraints broke and cried clutching her mumma. Cried in frustration, cried in helplessness, cried for the 5 years of pure torture that she endured in her teenage years.

Seeing his daughter in such a position Ayush too had tears in his eyes. He had always seen his daughter happy, cheerful and bubbly, laughing with them, with her friends and now seeing his daughter like that he felt that he couldn't breathe. She was their daughter that they never had.