Chapter 2

Armaan's POV : -

Armaan's POV : -

Warm sun rays are peeking through the curtains, there was a peaceful silence. However the silence got disturbed by someone's groan. Well the said someone is none other than me Armaan Dixit. Stretching I got up from my bed, got ready and then reached the top floor of The Dixit Mansion and hit the gym. After my daily workout I went to my room again and got ready for the day. A knock on the door disturbed my thoughts.

Turning around I saw that its my mom.

"Goodmorning mom" I greeted

"Goodmorning beta" She replied and kissed my cheeks.

"Achcha listen we have something important to talk to you. So today no office." Mom ordered.

Only two people in the world can order me.

One, my mom.

Two, my dad.

Armaan Dixit bows to no one. Except them. And the world knows it.

"Okay mom tell me what is it ?" I asked.

"We will tell you after breakfast." Mom replied.

"Okay then let's go."

At the breakfast table I saw dad and greeted him.

"Goodmorning dad" I greeted.

"Goodmorning son" He greeted back and patted my back.

Then we had our breakfast and we discussed some things regarding business matters.

That's when mom said, "Okay seeing that we have had our breakfast let's then discuss about it."

Nodding we went to my mom and dad's room and we sat down.

Then dad started, "Son we have discussed about something. However the final decision will be absolutely yours. We won't pressure you to take the decision. Okay."

"Son you are 28 years old, we know that probably you won't be agreeing to our decision but we think it's time for you to get married." Dad finished.

Marriage ?

Marriage !!!!

Oh hell no !!!!!!

Outside I was the image of composure but from inside I was seething. In my 28 years of life I never had the fortune to have a true girlfriend.

Why ?? Well when you are the son of a billionaire and the only heir and soon going to be one of the most influential persons in the world girls often tend to throw themselves at you for your money, status, power and prestige. So the best part is to avoid them.

Not everyone is lucky like my parents who are married for 30 years and oh so immensely in love and as passionate as they were in their teens.

Anyways back to the topic.

"Dad, I respect your decision but my answer is no." I replied firmly.

"Armaan just list-" Mom started to say.

I interrupted her before she could complete and said, "My answer will not change. Never."

I got up and went to my room slamming the door closed.

That's when all the restraints broke and I sat down on the floor.

"Why ?? Why me ?? Why can't I have the one thing that I desire the most ?? I am one of the richest, powerful and influential people in the world yet I am absolutely powerless in this. Why can't I have somebody who will love me for me and not for my looks, status, money, power or prestige. Why can't I have what my parents share ?"

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts.

Rubbing my eyes and getting up, I opened the door to see my mom standing with a broken expression on her face.

After seeing my condition my mom choked back a sob and hugged me.

Mom then pulled back and made me sit on the bed with my head on her lap as she ran her fingers through my hair.

Then mom said, " I know what you are thinking beta but trust me this girl isn't like that."

I got up and asked her to continue.

"Her name is Shreshtha Roy originally from West Bengal working here as an IAS Officer. Beautiful, hard working, friendly, down to earth, bubbly, respectful and a girl with a big heart. Wherever she goes she leaves a positive impact in the minds of the people."

"Okay"

"I met her at Kartik's wedding, Aditi is her best friend."

"Okay. But why this sudden urge to get her married to me ?" I asked her sarcastically.

"I don't know but the first thing that connected me to her was the hidden pain behind the happiness in her eyes. It was so raw. It would not have affected me so much if I didn't know another person whose eyes often reflect that." And at that she looked pointedly at me.

At that she got me and now my interest was piqued.

Heya lovelies.

I hope you like the chapter. It's an insight into the character. It was so sad writing the chapter.

Don't worry my babies.
Mama will make everything alright.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Read on...

Love.

Sunetra 😊😊