CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE | HOW OFFICIAL

December 2019

1,000,000 likes

1,000,000 likes

maryseouellet 🦋

View all 2,300 comments

siwonchoi 😍

prescoviavaliente ❤️

yulianna 💗

••=••=••

Brie and I were out to eat at a restaurant when I got a text message with a picture attached and it made me smile.

"What are you smiling at?" Brie asked.

"Oh my God, Brie." I answered as I opened the picture to show Brie.

"What?" Brie asked.

I hand her my phone and she smiles.

"Who is that little girl?" She asked.

"So, you know how I volunteer at a orphanage in South Korea, every time I go back to South Korea." I replied.

"Yeah." She said.

I pointed to the little girl.

"That little girl has been with the orphanage since she was a baby and she's currently four years old in korean age. Ever since I started volunteering there she has been attached to me and calls me mom and everyone has been saying I should adopt her. She draws me pictures and I gave her a phone so that way she can call me cause she always wants me to sing her to sleep." I said.

Brie placed a hand over her heart and gave me back my phone.

"Oh my God, Maryse, that's so sweet. I'm getting emotional." Brie said, tearing up.

I handed her a napkins.

"You know lately have been thinking about her more and more." I said.

"Do you think you really want to adopt her?" Brie asked.

"I mean our connection has to mean something, right. You know every time I leave, she cries and begs me not to leave her and once I get to my car I start crying and I think about her a lot. I don't know what to do." I answered.

"As a mother, I think you would be an amazing mother to her but you need to think can you really handle having a child while traveling as much as you do. There's also where are you going to raise her, she does need to go to school. And plus the adoption process." Brie said.

I nodded.

"I know I have a lot of thinking to do." I said.

Brie places her hand on my hand.

"I think you should go for it." She said, smiling.

I smiled.

"Thank you, Brie." I said.