Chapter 3

Stefan had been getting ready in his office as his cell phone rang...He rolled his eyes at the thought of who would be calling him at this time on a Friday, it was 5:30 and totally after office hours for him. Really, he only had a select few that would want to torment him. But of course none of them were as bad as she was, the young woman didn't seem to get it through her head that after Rebekah had left him, he was in a very dark and lonely place...He needed someone and she would suffice. He could still picture the way her hips ground into his, the way her curly dark hair and those brown eyes had bore into his as she whispered his name...Stefan.

But seriously, it had been almost four months since he had that 'lapse' in judgment as he had liked to call it. The day after, as he drunk Damon under the table and prayed that he could wash her face from his head. That was how much he had regretted his one night stand with, Katherine Pierce.

But for Katherine, it was just the beginning of a "so-called" blossoming romance and since that lust filled and emotionless night, four months ago. The damn girl kept blowing up his cell phone.

Text. Call. Voicemail...Text..Call....Voicemail. In that order in repeat, for the last two weeks!

At this point, Stefan was sick of it. He had enough of her velvet voice and her very risqué text messages. So, it wasn't a big deal to him that when he answered the phone that kept ringing, over and over again, that he was harsh with her.

"What do you want, Katherine?" Stefan asked, clearly annoyed at this point by her excessive need for sex.

"I want to see you." She purred over the phone as Stefan rolled his eyes and popped his neck.

"Katherine..When are you going to get it through that very small skull of yours that I. Want. Nothing. To. Do. With YOU!" He told her, once again emphasizing his words as he heard her gasp with a playful laugh.

"But, I thought that you and I had so much fun together...remember the way I-." She began to say as he cut her off.

"Enough. Enough of the phone calls. Enough of the texts and those raunchy e-mails with your sexy black lacy bra and panties on...I don't want to see you, ever again...Do I make myself clear?" Stefan said, feeling the anger come to a boiling point of just the thought of her lips against his skin.

Dead Silence. That was it...and then he heard her say in her most seductive voice. "Crystal Clear. But, really all that work and no play is making you quiet grumpy. No need to be rude, Stefan. I was just calling to see when we could roll around in the sheets that you had slept on with your wife... again...." And then she hung up. It was tempting, really. To be caught up in her ways. But, he was done with her and like all the times that he was drunk and did something stupid, he never wanted to do it again.

Stefan slammed his fist against the mahogany colored desk in his large office that over looked the huge sky scrapers of Chicago...When he heard a faint knock on his door and looked up to see her. She looked just like Katherine, with her black pea coat on and those red heels that for a moment, he couldn't focus. But, as she gave him a shy smile and she so delicately moved her hair out of her eyes...He knew that she wasn't anything, like the seductive, one night stand that he would regret for as long as he lived.

"Elena..I thought that-." Stefan began to say as he eyed her up and down, going from her shoes all the way up her body and her brown and warm eyes.

"I'm sorry, if I intruded on something...I just thought that I would take a walk up here to see what it was like...I don't know, maybe it was to clear my head really. I had a run in with Caroline in the elevator on my way to take some stuff out to my car and I had to just stop and take a breather. You know?" Elena told him as she walked a little bit more into his office and carefully sat down on one of the chairs that were in front of his desk.