"Well, you should have," I rolled my eyes.

"Keely, It's fine. We'll think of something else," Five replied.

Before we walked any further, Five grabbed my arm and we appeared back in the academy.

~

"Oh, thank god,"

My eyes fluttered open as I heard a voice. I had slept in Fives bed after getting back from the clinic. I was exhausted from getting no sleep after leaving Vanya's. I sat up and saw Five standing at the window and Vanya walking through the doorway.

"I was worried sick about you two!" she exclaimed.

"Sorry we left without saying goodbye," Five said.

"No, I'm the one who should be sorry," Vanya said quietly. "I just didn't know how to process what you guys were saying,"

"Maybe, you were right... Maybe it wasn't real," Five said.

I furrowed my brows and looked at Five in confusion.

"What?"

Five shot me a glare before continuing to talk to Vanya.

"Like the old man said, time travel can mess with the mind," he said solemnly.

"Well maybe I'm not the right person you should be talking to, I could give you my old therapists information. Both of you, really," Vanya replied in concern.

Five shook his head sadly. Jesus. He was really giving a performance.

"No Vanya, I'm just gonna get some rest. It's been a long time since I've had a good sleep," he said.

"Okay," Vanya nodded, turning back towards the door. "See ya, Keely,"

"Bye, Vanya," I replied.

As soon as Vanya had disappeared from view, I spun my head to look at Five.

"Don't look at me like that," he shook his head.

Before I could respond, Fives wardrobe in the corner of his room clattered open and Klaus stumbled out.

"Jesus!" I exclaimed.

"That's so touching, all that stuff about family and Dad and time. Wow!" Klaus laughed.

"Would you shut up? She'll hear you," Five seethed.

"I'm moist," Klaus mumbled.

"I thought I told you to put on something professional," Five frowned.

Klaus looked at Five with his eyebrows raised. 

"What? This is my nicest outfit!" he said, clearly offended.

"We could raid dads closet. For whatever you need it for..." I suggested.

"Oh Keely! Didn't even notice you!" Klaus laughed, throwing his arms up.

"Yeah, let's go, buddy," Five said with annoyance in his voice.

"Whatever, as long as I get paid," Klaus sighed.

"When the job is done!" Five snapped.

I furrowed my brows in confusion before jumping up from the bed and following the pair out of the room.

"Exactly... What job?" I asked.

"Well, while you were getting your beauty sleep, I actually came up with a plan," Five replied.

"Oh yea? and what is that 'plan'?" I asked skeptically.

Klaus put his finger up to Five, signalling for to him to not talk.

"I just gotta go into this clinic place and pretend to be your dear old dad," Klaus said, smiling down at me.

"Yeah. Something like that," Five said with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah, okay then,"

"What's our cover story?" Klaus asked.

"What? What are you talking about?" Five replied, raising his eyebrows.

"I mean, was I really young when I had you guys? Like, 16? Like young and... terribly misguided?" Klaus asked moving his hands around.

"Sure," Five muttered.

Klaus wasn't done.

"Your mother, that slut! Whoever she was. We met at... the disco," Klaus chuckled. "Okay? Remember that, you two. Oh, my god, the sex was amazingggg,"

Five rolled his eyes and turned back down the hallway.

"What a disturbing glimpse into that thing you call a brain," he sighed.

"Don't make me out you in timeout," Klaus scolded, following Five down the hallway.