Almost a Cinderella Story (Part 13)

Heyy! Sorry it's taken so long to update. I was on vacation! Mexico! It was awesome. But you guys wanna here about the book. Thanks for reading!

-Tinkerbell

---------------------------------------------

I scurried out the door and stopped by my car. I tried to make it look like I had been out here the whole time by leaning against it like I was naturally awesome.

"You ready to go?" Tatum asks as she walked towards the car.

"Uhh..yeah," I say, going to the driver's seat. "Soo..uhh..what happened with your mom..?"

"Oh. She said that she..needed me to..get her some..milk..and cookies..for Santa Claus."

She sucks at lying.

"But it's the middle of May," I say.

"Well, I guess she wanted to be REALLY prepared," she says.

Why doesn't she want me to know what she really said?

"Well..ok," I say getting into the car and buckling up.

"Umm..where are we going?" Tatum asks.

"Well, actually, my father's funeral is today..if you wanna come. It's gonna be downtown since most of our family lives here," I say.

"I would love to."

"Oh, yeah. I forgot. You'll need a dress or something..if you don't mind."

"Anything for you," she says before kissing me and running inside.

She come back two minutes later in a plain, black, strapless dress that falls to the floor. She had on some black sandals and a long silver locket. Her hair is down and she's holding another black dress in her hands.

"Here," she says, opening the door and handing me the dress.

"Thanks," I say, taking it. I look at the dress. It's a silk, form-fitting mermaid that stops in the middle of my thighs. It's a plain, strapless, black dress but it's the most gorgeous dress I've ever laid my eyes on.

"Wow.." I say breathlessly.

"Put it on."

"..in the car?" I ask.

"Yes. In the car," she says.

"Ummmm..ok."

Tatum nods and closes the door. I take of my clothes and slip on the dress. I let down the mirror and put on some lipstick and fix my hair. I knock on the door when I'm done and Tatum open the door and gets in the car. I start the ignition an drive downtown to the church I used to attend with my father when I was younger. I park the car under a tree and get out the car. I stand back and look at the church while Tatum comes up behind me and wraps her arms around my waist.

"I love you," she whispers in my ear.

"I love you too," I say, kissing her on the cheek. She grabs my hand and we walk inside.

The church is as glorious as I can remember. Standing there I think back to all the times my father would carry me in the doors on his shoulders. I miss him..so much..even though he wasn't the best father he could've been before..what happened.

Tatum pulls me to the front of the church and we sit in the front row. I sit down, but Tatum just stands there.

"What? Sit down," I say to her.

"But don't you wanna..see the..and.." she sorta gets out while pointing to the altar of the church. There sat the deceased body of my father.

"Come with me," I say standing up and grabbing Tatum's hand.

We slowly walk forward. I get a glimpse of my father and burst into tears. Tatum pulls me into her arms.

"I'm so sorry, baby."

Tatum walks me back over to our seats and we sit there as I sob on her shoulder.

"I miss him so much.." I say, into Tatum's shoulder.

"I know, sweetie."

I start snotting all over her shoulder (I know, disgusting, right?) and she doesn't say a word about it. She just sits there holding me and rubbing my back. I love her. How could I have ever left her or cheated on her? She is the best thing that's ever happened to me.

She reaches over and grabs a box of tissues. She hands me a few and gets some out for herself and wipes her shoulder.

"I'm sorry for snotting on you..I tend to do that," I say between sniffs.

"No, it's totally fine. I don't mind at all. Now wipe those beautiful eyes," she says while getting another tissue out and wiping my eyes. While Tatum is wiping, I hear the door open. I look over to see who it is and see my mother walking in some black slacks and a dark gray blouse. She looks over at me and runs down the aisle.

"Mommy," I say.

"Honey," my mom says as she runs to my side and hugs me. Tears start streaming down her face and it turns into a big cry fest.

•••

•Two hours later•

We walk out of the church to the fresh air. Tatum and I are hand in hand.

"Honey, I'm gonna head home," my mom says.

"Ok. Well, we're probably gonna go out," I say, looking at Tatum.

"Yeah, like go walk on the beach or something..go out to dinner," Tatum says.

"Sounds like fun," I say with a weak smile. "I'll see you at home, mommy. Love you."

"Love you too, bye."

We walk to my car and I hand Tatum the keys. As usual, she insists on driving when I cry.

We get in the car and Tatum starts the ignition.

"Where are we going?"

"Uhhh..Olive Garden?"

"Perfect," I say with a smile.

The ride is quiet for about five minutes until I break the silence.

"Tatum."

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

"Yeah? I love you too."

"No. I mean, yes..but no. I've never felt this way about anyone..and I know this isn't the best time and place to say this but you mean the world to me. I honestly don't know what I would do without you. I'm so sorry I ignored you these last few years. That was the biggest mistake of my life."

We turn into Olive Garden's parking lot and go around trying to find a spot. This takes about three minutes and I still have no response. We finally find a spot and park. I sit there..and so does Tatum.

"I feel the EXACT same way," Tatum says while leaning forward and kissing me.

"Thank Jesus..it took you long enough to respond," I say with a smile.

"That, my gorgeous girlfriend, is called dramatic effect."

__________________________

Heyy! I love you guys! You're amazing! Thank you for reading! Please comment your suggestions! Fanning and voting works too! Thanks!

-Tinkerbell