Do I Seem To Care?

Start from the beginning

"Who are you? How did you get in here?" the woman's brows knit together, her face extremely confused. She was scared. She thought you were an intruder.

"I--uh, I'm just..." you stuttered completely shaken. "I-I was just leaving," you looked around the room hoping the Kylo had brought your shoes inside somewhere. Her face bunched up in fear as she pulled out her phone.

When you turned your head back to the woman, she was typing something frantically on her phone. "Security is on the way, you're not going anywhere," she pointed at you, speaking in a panicked voice.

"What? Security?" you started to panic even more. That would be yet another person spotting you casually walking around Kylo Ren's apartment. You started to walk toward her, trying to calm the situation.

"Look, ma'am, this is a--"

"Don't come any closer!" she yelled, shielding herself behind the bags of groceries, as if you were going to hurt her.

Within moments, the elevator pinged, and an Associate of Ren ran into the kitchen, frantically looking for the threat.

"She's there!" screamed the woman, pointing at you. You recognized him as Vicrul. He quickly snapped his head at you, and you instantly saw relief in his face, stern look softening.

"Come with me," he gestured at you. You followed him, unsure if he was actually kicking you out or not. He walked you down the hallway to Ren's room.

"Just sit down, I'm going to call Mr. Ren," he said as he pulled out his phone, hitting the speed dial. You sat down on the side of the bed.

"False alarm, sir. Yes, everything is fine. It was, er," he glanced at you, "your friend. Got it. I will keep her here."

He hung up the phone and looked at you. "He's coming up. Just go with what he says, okay?"

You nodded, and the Associate left the room walking back into the kitchen.

"What did she want? Had she taken anything?" you could hear the woman in the kitchen on the brink of tears. Dramatic.

"There's been a misunderstanding, Mr. Ren is on his way," he said coolly. And soon after that the ding of the elevator pierced the silence. You heard fancy shoes stalk into the kitchen with the rest of them. You listened closely.

"Carmen. Did you seriously call security on my yoga instructor?" you could hear the red hot annoyance in his tone.

"Mr. Ren, I am sorry, I had no way of knowing that she would be here," she pleaded.

"Do you really think that I would be so stupid to let a stranger get access to my domain, Carmen? Use some common sense," he said with venom dripping from his tongue. You kind of felt bad for Carmen.

"No, sir," you could hear that she was hanging her head in shame.

"All of you get out. It's about time for my yoga," he said with condescension.

"The groceri--" she started.

"Out."

You heard the shuffle of the woman and the Associate boarding the elevator. And the fast pace of Kylo's shoes trekking down the hall.

He entered the room and walked to the bed where you sat, punching the mattress with an angry groan.

"FUCK!" he yelled.

"Who was that? Why was she here?" you said, worrisome expression taking over your face.

"She's my grocer, and I forgot she would be here today," he ran a hand through his hair pacing.