Chapter 13

Everything had ended, Angela had been taken to prison and was awaiting trail. It had come as a shock to everyone who had heard the news, no one saw it coming. Angela was the quiet and trustworthy person everyone felt they could rely on. But just like the saying– the quiet ones.

Funmi had been given two weeks break from the office, after all that she had gone through. She needed time to bring herself to the state of mind it once was and try to get over Alex. She was tired of being hung up on him and she feared that she might one day turn to Angela.

Michael had wanted to keep the secret of Evelyn cheating on Alex to himself, he felt since she was dead no need in bringing it up. But Chioma had them tell Alex the truth, with the photos as proof, she felt he deserved to know the truth about Evelyn, maybe knowing the fact that Evelyn wasn't faithful would help him move on. Two weeks after the burial of Evelyn, he seemed to be getting back to his self.

Nneka and Chima shenanigans were finally brought out in the open, turns out the office wasn't really bothered about it. But then the relationship ended almost as quickly, when Nneka found Chima kissing another girl, she soon got back at him as she started a rumour concerning the size of Chima's penis.

~~~~~~~~~~

"How about this?" Kachi held up a blue dress. It was tight from the bosom area to the waist side, but went flay below. "It's really pretty, I love the beads adorned by the neckline."

"Good, then you can have it. I don't want blue, I am going black," She said. They stood in the same boutique they had gone to three weeks ago, the day of Chioma's mother dinner party.

"Of course, it's always black," Kachi mumbled under her breathe. "Well, I will take this gown then, I have a date with this guy I met in the hospital last week."

Chioma looked at her, a knowing smile on her face. "Is it that cute Hausa guy that I saw when I came visiting."

Kachi giggled before nodding, "Yes, you know usually I only date Igbo guys and I don't look at other tribe because my mum and her issues with other tribes. But we talked and he is really sweet, and funny." She held a fond look on her face, her lips were thin and wide, spread out in a smile.

"Awww, well I am happy for you dear. But if he ever hurts you, just let me know and I will burst his balls." Kachi doubled over in laughter.

"What's with you and bursting men balls?"

"I don't know really," she scratched the back of her head. "One day I had this dream where my punching bag was in the sharp of a huge man balls and I just kept punching it and punching it and-"

"Please do not tell me the ball burst, I do not want to hear that."

"Well, it exploded, but instead of... Well, whatever balls contained, it was ice cream, of different flavours, there was strawberry and vanilla and..." She stopped when she noticed the look Kachi was giving her. "What happen?"

"Nothing, just wondering the kind of dreams you get." Chioma shrugged and they walked away to look for a dress for Chioma.

~~~~~~~~~

Chioma took a deep breathe when Kachi was done with the light makeup she had applied on her face. She walked towards the mirror to see herself, staring back at her was a Chioma you won't see on a normal day.

"Wow!" She said to herself quietly, then turned to Kachi who was laying on her bed. "You did a good job."

"I know right." She gave a small laugh.

Her hair was packed beautifully in a design Kachi had learnt from YouTube videos. She had pinned it to the side, making some strands of Chioma hair to fall just beside the corner of her right eyes. It really brought out the beauty of her catlike eye which had its eyelashes brushed with mascara. A little eyeshadow had been applied too, and Kachi gave it that smokey look. That was all Chioma wanted, she was never one for the heavy makeup or lipsticks, she preferred lip balm.