forty three | aang's disapearance

Everyone sat in the courtyard for supper after a long day of training, Aang sat alone, more down that his usual happy self.

"I have a surprise for everyone!" Katara said

"I knew it! You did have a secret thing with Haru." Toph exclaimed.

"Uh...no. I was looking for cooking pots in the attic and i found this!" Katara said unrolling a portrait of a baby. "Look at baby Zuko! Isn't he so cute."

Everyone began to laugh except for Zuko, he kept a straight face.

"Oh lighten up, I was just teasing." Katara said to him.

"That's not me. It's my father."

"But he looks so sweet and innocent." Suki pointed out.

"Well that sweet little kid turned out to be a monster. And the worst father in the history of fathers."

"But he's still a human being." Aang said.

"You're going to defend him?" Zuko asked.

"No, I agree with you. Ozai is a horrible person and the world will probably be better off without him, but there's gotta he another way." Aang said turning to them.

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Maybe we can make big pots of glue and I can use gluebending to stick his arms and legs together!" Aang suggested.

"Yeah then you can show him baby pictures and all those happy memories will make him good again!" Zuko smiled.

"Do you really think that would work!?" Aang said hopefully.

"No." Mari and Zuko said simultaneously.

"This goes against everything I learned from the monks. I can't just go around wiping out people I don't like!"

"Sure you can, you're the Avatar. If it's in the name of keeping balance I'm pretty sure the universe will forgive you." Sokka pointed out.

Aang whipped around in frustration. "This isn't a joke Sokka! None of you understand the position I'm in!"

"Aang we do understand it's just-"

"It's just what, Katara, what?" he yelled.

"We're trying to help!"

"When you figure out a way for me to beat the Fire Lord, without taking his life, I'd love to hear it!" He stormed off.

"Aang don't walk away from this!" Katara said, trying to walk after him. Zuko only grabbed her shoulder.

"Let him go. He needs time to sort it out by himself."

--

That night, everyone went to sleep nervously. They would leave that morning. After finally falling asleep. Zuko began to have strange dreams

He landed on Appa, Aang next to him. Aang sent a blast of water for his father, knocking him off a a cliff and falling to his death. But as he fell, his father's face and body changed. The Fire Lord morphed into Mari, screaming as she was falling to a rocky death.