Chapter 39

Clove's POV
The second Brutus says that the Capital loves us, I know exactly what he means, and why Snow wants to see me and Cato. I try and cover up my fear but fail miserably, and I see Cato look at me worriedly, but I don't pay attention to him all I can think about is Snow telling me and Cato that we have to sleep with the people of the Capital, just like Finnick O'dair from 4, and I guess I zoned out the whole time because next thing I hear is Cato trying to talk to me, and I don't see Enobaria and Brutus.

"Clover what happened earlier, when Brutus said the Capital loves us, you looked fearful," Cato asks me.

"You don't know what that means do you," I ask him.

"What, what means," he asks clearly confused.

"Cato, the Capital loves us, do you remember that boy from 4, I think his name was Finnick, who won when he was 14, and what he does now," I ask him.

"Clove that's probably not going to happen to us," he tells me

"Cato, that is exactly what will happen," I tell him crying.

"Clover, listen to me, that will not happen," he tells me.

"HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT!!!" I yell.

"I don't, but I will not let anyone hurt you, and you won't be forced into anything," he tells me.

I fall to my knees and cry into my hands. Cato kneels in front of me, and pulls my hands down and pulls my face up to his, so I have to look into his eyes.

"Clove nothing will EVER happen to you, I promised you that in the Games didn't I?" He asks, and I nod my head and he continues.

"Exactly now that promise goes till the day I die, Clove, whatever Snow says, I will not let him or the Capital tear us apart, your pregnant, with MY baby, ok?" He asks and I nod my head and he pulls me into a hug and I hug in back as tightly as possible and we stay like this till I start feeling sick. I pull out of the hug and run to the bathroom, and start puking my guts out, a few seconds later I feel someone grab my hair and rub my back soothingly. When I finish I flush the toilet and brush my teeth, after I do that I walk back up to our bedroom and lay down, and Cato lays beside me. He pulls me into him and I lay my head on his chest, he wraps his arms around my waist, and wrap my legs around his and I fall asleep to the sound of his heartbeat.