Chapter 40

Storm's POV

"Hi, you must be Storm. I'm Halona, Josh's mom" His mom says as we walked into the kitchen first. I lowkey already knew who she was...but she doesn't need to know that. I walk over to shake her hand but she hugs me instead. Oh ok, she's a hugger. That's way better then shaking hands.

"Hi Halona, it's a pleasure to finally meet you. And yes I am Storm" I say to her as we pull away. She looks at me and smiles.

"You're such a beautiful girl, and I love how unique your name is" She says and I start to blush. She's so sweet!

"Thank you so much! You're beautiful as well" I say to her.

"Thank you sweetheart. Make yourself comfortable, I'm almost done with dinner" She says and walks over to the stove.

"Need any help?" I ask her and she shakes her head.

"No sweetie it's ok, thank you. Josh show her around until Dinner is ready" She tells Josh and he nods and grabs my hand. He holds it as we walk around his house. I look at the walls and take in all the childhood pictures. Little Josh and little Caleb were so adorable! As I continue to look, I didn't notice that we were in the living room. I look towards the couch and see a man. His dad....dads are always the hardest to impress. Ok Storm, calm down. Everything is going to be fine.

"Hey dad, this is Storm. Storm, this is my dad Laron" Josh says. I smiled and sticked my hand out for him to shake. He looked at my hand for a bit before shaking it slowly. Oh boy...this doesn't look so good right now.

"Hi Mr.Christopher, it's nice to meet you" I use his last name instead of first because it sounds more respectful. I don't think he'd want me to say his first name anyway.

"Yes you too" he says and turns back to the tv. I look at Josh and he shrugged. He grabs a hold of my hand again and we walk over to his room. While walking to his room, we see Caleb. We share a hug and then continue our way back to his room. Once we made it, I sit on his bed and he stands in front of me with his arms crossed.

"Ok so, that wasn't all to bad" he says and I groan.

"Your dad doesn't like me" I state the obvious.

"He likes you, he just has to get to know you. You're the first girl I ever brought home" he says and takes a seat beside me. I wrap my arm's lazily around him and sigh.

"This is gonna be a long a night, but I'm ready for it" I say to him and he claps. He kisses my cheek and cheers.

"That's the spirit! Go Storm!" He says and we start to laugh. Josh is something else.

"Dinner is ready!" Halona says. I sighed again and stood up. We walked out his room and to the dining room. We sat down and and Halona put plates in front of us with food on it. Rice with Fried chicken and salad. Yummy!

"Let's say grace" Mr.Christopher says and we hold hands.

"If you guys don't mind, may I say grace?" I ask them and they nod. We bow our heads and close our eyes.

"Dear Heavenly Father, I want to give thanks for the pleasure of gathering us together for this occasion. I want to give thanks for this food prepared by loving hands. Please bless the food before us and bless us with the ability to have good health and strength to carry on and try to live as you would have us. In the name of Christ, Amen" I say and they all clap. I smiled and blushed a bit.

"That was beautiful honey" Halona says and I thank her.

"Very beautiful babe" Josh whispers to me and kisses my head.