The marriage

Things were weird between me and Trevor. He kept trying to get closer to me but I kept declining. I can't let us be close and later be separated. It's happened before and it's gonna happen again.

I was done with my work and was about to leave. A hand grabs my wrist. Turning around I was gently push against a wall by Trevor. "Why are you acting like this?" He asks.  I place my hands on his chest and slightly push him. "Trevor stop you are gonna get married in just two days now so please stop trying to get close to me." "So you heard what she said?" "I did." I admit. "Darn it." He says and pulls away from me and puts his hands on his head. "Do you remember what you told me years ago?" He says lightly with his shaking voice. I think and then remember. "You said that what happened to my sister won't happen to us. But what's this happening now. I don't want this." He says and sighs. "Trevor I-I wish I could do something." I say and hug him as I can't stand seeing him sad. He hugs me. I cup his cheeks and look at him. Sadness is all I see in his eyes. I lean in a gently place a kiss on his lips. "I love you Trevor and I will only love you and no one else. You have a very special place in my heart which no one can replace." I whisper. He holds my hand and squeezes it. "Can you do me a favour?" He asks. "Yes." "Tomorrow will be a day off for both of us. I want to spend at least a day with you until it lasts." He says. "I want to show you my love for you." He says and kisses my forehead. I nod as I wanted to do the same.

Next day~

I wake up and take a quick shower. I wear a yellow hoodie and some dark blue jeans. I walk to my kitchen to make breakfast and I get a text. I look at it and it was Trevor. 'Let's get breakfast together?' He asked. I replied okay.

I was out with Trevor. "How are Sam, Sophie and Roy?" He asks. "They are all good." I say. "You don't call them?" I ask. "Well as I changed my phone number I forgot their numbers also didn't get the time to call you know work and stuff." "Oh yea I understand." He was pretty busy at work. As we were walking side by side, he held my hand and intertwined our fingers. We reach a diner and sit. "You can have whatever you want." I nod. We order our food and wait for it. I look around. "Trevor?" "Yes?" "Is that Jen?" I ask as I saw her with another guy. They were holding hands and he was holding her by her waist. I don't know why but this angered me. I stood up and made my way to them. "Scarlet wait!" Trevor says but I ignore him. As I got closer she noticed me. "Scarlet-" I cut her off by slapping her. "What is wrong with you?!" I shout. Trevor comes to my side. He was about to open his mouth but I motioned him to not. "Weren't you so excited to marry him?! Then why are you with this guy?!" The guy comes in front of her and looks at me. "Who the hell are you to slap my soulmate huh?" He says and my eyes widen in shock. "Soulmate? But she didn't tell us about her soulmate." Trevor says confused. "I-I met him right now and please scarlet let me explain." She says and I feel Trevor place his hand on my shoulder making me calm down. I take a deep breath and nod.

"I was on my way and found him and he was also happy to find me since we both were waiting to find each other, our soulmate." She says and smiles at her soulmate. "And Trevor I called my dad and let him know that I don't want the marriage so your father would also probably call you to tell you about the news." She says and Trevor holds my hand giving it a light squeeze. "Also scarlet I didn't know that you guys were soulmates if I'd known I wouldn't marry him." She said and I just smile. "I'm sorry I slapped you." "I deserved it so no problem." Things got better so fast who knew?

"Trevor! Stop!" I scold him as I cover my face with my hands. "You should have seen you face when I pecked your lips for the first time." He says while laughing. I playfully hit his shoulder. It was evening now and we spend the whole day together. We were now walking in a park. There were very few people as it was time for people to go home. We were laughing while remembering the old memories. "Can we stop my legs hurt from all that walking." I say and we stop and sit down on the grass. The sky was turning into a light purple colour. The clouds looked so beautiful. I let out a sigh of relief. I feel an arm around my waist pulling me. Trevor was pulling me towards him. I keep my head on his chest and listen to his heart beat. I look up at him. "Since I'm not getting married to Jen my father would want me to marry someone else." He says. He moves to my ear and whispers, "Would you marry me, Scarlet ?" I could feel my face burn. He looks at me. "Only if you catch me." I say and stand up and run. "Oh I'm gonna definitely catch you then."

Like he said he caught me. He then trapped me between him and a tree. I wrap my arms around him. He leans in and kisses me.

Few months later~

Everyone claps and we pull away from the kiss. I was wearing a beautiful white dress. Trevor was wearing all black. "Congratulations to the two of you." The priest says.

After the whole ceremony people come to us to congratulate us. Sam comes with Sophie by his side. "Well you two finally got married and let me tell you something Trevor." He says and turns to him with a serious face. "You better take good care of my sister she better not come crying to me and I won't hesitate to kill you." "Sam!" I scold him. "Chill bro I would never hurt her." Trevor says and puts his arm around my waist. I see Roy coming next and he hugs me. "You look beautiful for the first time." He says and I playfully hit him. "Ouch." He says. "And dude pro tip how to manage an angry scarlet just give her ice cream." "Thanks I hope I don't need it too much." Trevor jokes. "You know what you guys should seriously learn how to whisper." I say annoyed. "The ice cream would be perfect now." Roy says and joins sam. We see Jen and her soulmate coming our way. "Congratulations Scarlet and Trevor." They say. "Thanks and what about you two?" Trevor asks. "We hope to get married soon." Jen says.

We were about to go join Sam and Sophie after soooooo many people congratulated us. I realised I didn't throw my bouquet of flowers. I throw it and many girls run towards it. The flowers fall on top of Roy's head and bounces off. It then falls onto Jen's hands. I smile. Suddenly two huge arms wrap around me. It was Trevor and I wrapped my arms around him. He rested his forehead on mine. He them whispers , "I'm yours forever and...

Finally you are mine."