Chapter 1:The Reunion

HARRY'S POV

After exactly one year and three months, I've lost contact with all my friends and loved ones. But now I've finally returned.

There I was in Diagon Alley, lost in thought walking down the street. I was quietly walking, despite the disturbing whispers and pointing. I thought the entire world would forget have forgotten me or even resent me, but I guess I was wrong. From their smiles and not so silent whispering, I could tell they were glad that I'm back.

I was surprised at that. I expected more hate from the Wizarding World but it seems the world has changed for the better.

I sighed in relief for having one half of my problem solved. The other half is how I'm supposed to face the Weasleys. Honestly, what is the probability of bumping into one of them here in Diagon All...

"BLOODY HARRY! Oh, where the hell have you been all this time?" I snapped out of my thoughts and found myself face to face with George. As in George Weasley.

"Hi George" I managed to say. He was looking quite different. His face was kinda pale and he looked really thin and I could tell he still missed his twin brother, Fred.

"C'mon Harry! Follow me we have a lot to talk about" he said. I silently nodded and followed him. I still couldn't get over the shock that I managed to bump into him despite the thousands of people here at Diagon Alley.

I stared at Goerge as we kept walking. He hasn't seen me for a year but he does to be acting quite to friendly. I tried to imagine what would happen if it was Ron I had bumped into. He have totally created a scene!

George and I both walked silently for some time till we stopped at WEASELY'S WIZARD WHEEZES.

We both entered and he offered me a chair to sit in and a cup of tea. I gratefully accepted it still waiting for him to start a conversation.

Luckily, he said "Everyone's gonna be so excited to see you! "I smiled at him weakly.

"In fact, we are having a family dinner this night. It'll be the perfect time to tell them". He said.

"Yeah", I answered him. I wondered if everyone would be excited to see me. I mean it's been one year and three months since I've seen them last. They had no idea where I was.

Night came really fast, so George and I apparated to the Burrow. As we arrived, I could hear clatter of plates and voices. I smiled to myself knowing I was finally home, in the midst of loved ones.

"Come on now, we don't want to delay the surprise" George said walking towards the door. I followed him. He knocked and a girl about the age of 18 with bushy brown hair opened the door.

I smiled because I knew it was Hermione. She greeted George not realising I was there but as he stepped aside, she froze.

HERMOINE'S POV

I was at the Burrow helping Mrs. Weasley in the kitchen but then there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it. It's probably George." I said as I stood up, dusting my hands on my apron and walked towards the door. I opened it and saw George. I internally smirked for predicting right. I greeted him then he stepped aside and I froze.

There he was looking rather pale. I couldn't mistake those eyes and round glasses for anything, and that scar on his head was one of a kind, though it was almost invisible now.

"H. A. R...R...Y" I muttered still in shock. George smiled and said "Surprise!"

"Hey Hermione" he said still smiling. His clothes were a little dirty and he had some bruises and was bleeding a little.

Classic Harry' I thought to myself. Without thinking again, I hugged him. After we broke apart, I stepped aside for both George and Harry to come in. George went in first, then he did. I shut the door and as I turned I saw a frozen Mrs. Weasley still with her apron still on. She hugged him and I smiled.

"Ron, you might want to come down right now!" I yelled towards the stairs.

"Harry dear! Oh, I've missed you" Molly said. She released him from the hug and looked at him. She probably noticed the blood and bruises all over his skin. But before she could say something about it, Ron came down the stairs as he said "What is it Hermione?"

As he sees Harry, he frowned a little. "Hey mate!" Harry said.

"Bloody hell, Harry" Ron said. He pulled harry into a manly hug. When they broke apart, I asked him "Where have you been?"

"Uh...Its....um...a long story" he muttered. Before I could ask him any more questions, Molly had already told him to go up and freshen up and he did.

.
.
.

That's all for this chapter. If you enjoyed it,please vote and comment. Love y'all for reading
Ade😊