One

Hayden Keys.

That's all I could think of as I drove to the crowded venue.

His hair, his smile, his ability to make me melt every time he laughs, everything.

There is no way to describe Hayden, he's the type of boy that girls dream of and search on Tumblr for.

God, I'm so lucky to have him in my life.

I lowered the volume in my car as I turned into the parking lot. Once the car was turned off I unbuckled my seatbelt and flipped the mirror down to check my hair and makeup.

I smiled at my reflection and pushed the mirror back up before exiting my car.

Walking to the front door I felt the butterflies in my stomach flutter. I love going to his shows. It makes me feel alive, I don't know maybe it's just him.

I opened the door and was immediately hit with warm heat coming from the vent above me.

I spotted the stage in the back and pushed my way up to the front.

Hayden gets stage fright sometimes so he told me to always stand in the front so if he gets scared he could just sing to me.

I sighed knowing that his new girlfriend of two weeks is coming. At school everyone calls him a player but I don't think he is. To be a player you have to be flirting with every girl you meet and actually play them. Hayden doesn't do that, he sticks to one girl faithfully until him or her break it off. He's been around yes, but in his defense all he wants to do is find the right girl.

I watched as his new girlfriend pushed her way through the crowd to get to me.

"Hey Ashley" she smiled

"Hi" I smiled back noticing her outfit.

She wore short shorts and a crop top that barely held in her breasts. I grimaced knowing Hayden could do so much better.

I glanced down at my own outfit and compared the differences. I was wearing black skinny jeans, a band tee with a plaid shirt over, and my combat boots. I felt underdressed for a mini second but then realized that it's twenty degrees out and everyone else is wearing the same thing as me.

"Hey everybody" I heard Hayden's deep voice say on the microphone making my head snap up.

"We're Rational Tendency and we hope you enjoy this first song" he smiled as the crowd cheered

Hayden started the song with a huge smile on his face as he played the guitar. I listened to the familiar chords and hummed along until the lyrics came.

"Don't wanna be an American Idiot"

I cheered on my best friend as he sang the first cover song. Rational Tendency only play cover songs, no one has bothered to write any originals. I asked Hayden why they don't write and all he said was that nothing inspired any of them.

"Wow they are good!" Marisa, Hayden's girlfriend squeaked

No shit.

"I know right?!" I squealed before catching Hayden's eye.

He smiled at me, shaking his head knowing that I'm being my normal self and secretly making fun of his new girlfriend.

I rolled my eyes and stuck out my tongue at him, it's not my fault he always has annoying girlfriends. He shot me a wink as he started his guitar solo and continued to sing to the crowd.

"Did you see that? He winked at me!" Marisa yelled over the loud music

"Oh yeah! That's so great!" I said sarcastically.

I turned my attention back to Hayden and tried to ignore Marisa for the rest of the set.

"Do you think he'll pull me up stage?!" Marisa asked me as Hayden announced that they were about to sing their last song.

"I don't know, maybe!" I smiled knowing that Hayden would never bring this chick or any of his girlfriends on stage, it's not like him.

"I hope" she said biting her lip as Hayden took a sip from his water.

"I wanna thank you all for coming out here tonight, you guys rock! To finish the night why don't we play some Bon Jovi shall we?" Hayden asked the crowd who screamed back

"Alright, I want to hear you scream it!" He yelled into the mic before strumming the guitar to 'Livin on a Prayer'.

***

"Alright what is it this time? Hair? Eyes? Boobs?" I asked Hayden as he packed his guitar into the van.

"I don't know" he sighed closing the double doors.

"I think it's the boobs" I said making him laugh

"She has a nice smile" he admitted making me want to gag.

Her smile was anything but nice.

"She went home right?" I asked earning another sigh.

"Yes, it's just me and you" he said before slinging his arm around my shoulders

"You know what that means right?" I excitedly said, looking up to meet his eyes.

"Burger date" we said in unison before erupting in cheers.

"We're so fat" I laughed as Hayden hit the van twice telling his band mate it was good to go.

We made our way back to my car which was another one of our usual things. Hayden gets a ride from a band mate to the gig and I drive him home. I say he's lazy but he says otherwise.

"I"ll have two number ones please, large. One with a sprite and the other with a cherry diet coke" I recited our usual order into the mic of the drive thru.

"Is that all?" The guy asked in a monotone voice.

"Yes" I answered as Hayden messed around with the radio.

"Alright your total is $14.76" the male said

"Thanks" I said before pulling up to the first window to pay.

"Why is nothing good on?" He groaned

"Try 100.3" I said before turning my attention back to the cashier who gave me our food.

I pulled into an empty parking spot as Hayden increased the volume of the radio. I listened to Jonathan Clay's voice sing the familiar song 'Heart on Fire' as I gave my best friend his food.

"You're the best" he said puckering his lips

"And you're an ass, cough up that seven dollars" I said holding out my hand

"Damn, you're good" he mumbled getting seven dollars out of his wallet.

Only once did I forget to ask him for his share and it was only because it we were laughing nonstop.

I accepted his five and two ones while receiving a pouty face.

"Don't give me that look, eat your burger" I laughed shoving his money in my back pocket.

___________________________

Hey guys! So this is my new story, I hope you all enjoy as much as me. It's a short story so there's only around ten chapters in total. (:

Please vote and comment your thoughts xx

Thank you Hemmings_4eva for making me this cover! You're the best xx