The Shopwoman

Beginne am Anfang

"But which one do you like the most?"

"Hmm.. this one, classic," I pointed at the black lace nightie.

"I'll take the black one then."

"In what size?"

"I don't know about the size but, I don't mean to be impolite here, she has a similar figure as yours."

"Noted, it's S, then. Do you need anything else?"

"No. That's all I need. The lesser the better."

Oh, dear. I just hope that this customer won't ever have a similar conversation with this in any other store. His last line was very seducing.

"I will take this to the cashier, and please proceed to the cashier for payment. Thank you."

I quickly put the item down on the cashier desk and disappeared in the crowd of guests. Ten minutes after, my store manager passed me by and grinned at me.

"Well, well, well, someone's going to have a sexy night," she teased me.

"Oh please."

"Your boyfriend just dropped you the biggest hint in the century. He came here, playing as a customer and bought you lingerie, girl. Oh-my-God, I can't," she laughed.

"If that's really for me. What if he gives me a hint that he is going to see another girl?"

"Impossible! The size is yours! No one gives hints for breakup by buying a nightie. Silly girl. Like I said, go ring him soon!"

"I want to, but even you refused to give me a day off, I'd never had the perfect time to get away and take care of that."

"Ah. Unless someone is going to cover for you then I will pretend that it's you. Just give me head ups."

"Really? Thank you!"

That trainee girl, better covers for me soon. I rejected my workmate's offer to take a double shift for tomorrow and asked the trainee girl to cover for me for my own shift.

As usual, Bin was already waiting for me in front of the store when I stepped out of the store after my shift was done.

"Hey.." he was leaning on his car, waved, and smiled at me.

I slightly smiled back but then walked down the street heading to the tube station instead of his car.

"Yejin, where are you going? I parked over there," I heard him chasing me down from behind me.

"Home. Why? I'm taking the tube."

"I'm driving a car here to pick you up, don't need to take the tube."

"I feel like taking the tube for today. I never asked you to pick me, anyway. Maybe Bella or Clara, one of your girls need a ride home. Just try to call one, you've dressed up this handsome, anyway, don't waste it."

He gripped my hand.

"Yes, you never did, but I want to, to make sure you get home safely."

"No need to, you already put a bodyguard on me," I turned my head and waved at his bodyguard from afar, slightly smile at him.

"I'll dismiss him now," he waved at the bodyguard and made a gesture to dismiss him.

"No problem. London is safe. Sorry, this is rush hour so I have to rush back. Goodbye!"

"Yejin! I don't go out just to pick up a random girl. I'm picking my girl. My wife. Please go home with me, and if you love taking the tube very much, I will pick you up tomorrow without my car so we can take the tube together."