"I trust you, Jack."

He smiled at me and moved some hair out of my face. I blushed and looked at him, my mind racing with thoughts about him. Then the back pain I experienced while unpacking returned, but this time it was worse.

I screamed out in pain and hunched over, feeling piercing pain coming from two spots between my shoulder blades.

"Y/N?!" he asked concerned. He lifted my shirt from the back to examine what was happening.

"Shit!" he exclaimed.

"What?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"It looks like someone's taken two knives to your back and sliced you open."

"Oh, wonderful," I said.

"Breathe, Y/N."

I did as he told me and took deep breaths. Slowly, I felt the pain dissipate.

"Bizarre. They just closed up and went away," he informed me.

I sat up and looked at him with furrowed brows.

"What are you doing to me?!" I asked angrily.

"Y/N, this isn't me. How could it be?"

"I don't know... it just doesn't make any sense."

"I know."

"I'm going for a walk. I need some air," I said as I stood up to go change. I threw on a pair of jeans and a top, then stormed out of the mansion. I took a deep breath, feeling the crisp air fill my lungs. I walked with my arms crossed, in a blind rage. I was so confused and frustrated. I wanted answers and no one could give them to me.

I ended up in the center of a town, passing by many people. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, and I bumped my shoulder into a stranger. As I did so, I felt a jolt of electricity through my body. I whipped around to glare at him and found him already staring at me. I huffed and started to walk away, but he firmly grabbed my arm. I narrowed my eyes, about to yell, but I stopped when I saw a shocked look on his face. I wasn't sure if he recognized me or something but I certainly didn't know him. Just as I was about to ask, he was rushing me away from other people's gaze.

"Hey! What are you doing?" I yelled. He didn't answer me, just continued pulling me behind his speeding figure as he pulled me into an isolated area. When we were alone, he released me and faced me, this time looking expectantly. He had black hair, longer in the middle and short on the sides. It looked soft, but not quite as fluffy as Jack's. He had bright, emerald green eyes that glinted in the sun light as he stared intently at me. He appeared to be in his early to mid twenties.

"Ummm... excuse me?" I asked.

"You.." was all he said.

"Huh?"

"I've been looking for you," he elaborated. He had an American accent.

"I'm sorry... am I supposed to know you...?"

"No. Not really. We haven't met, but- did you not feel that?"

"Feel what?"

"I felt your energy when we touched."

"Okay dude, I don't know what you're on, but I'm gonna go..." I said as I turned around.

"Oh, you don't know yet," he said mainly to himself.

I stopped, and turned back around. He could've been speaking nonsense, but I had too many unanswered questions to not at least ask.

"Don't know.. what?" I asked.

He chuckled a little, which only angered me. I crossed my arms and glared at him.

"If it's not your time yet, then it's not my place to say."

"Oh, come on. I knew you didn't have any answers," I rolled my eyes and turned back around. He grabbed my arm once more and I turned around angrily, but he cut me off before I could say anything.

"Look," he said. I followed his gaze down to where his hand was grasping my arm, and noticed a gold light coming from our point of contact. I gasped and yanked my arm back, freaked out. I looked at him to find him smirking at me.

"Why aren't you surprised?!" I yelled.

"There's a lot you don't know yet, but you will in time," he responded with a chuckle. I was finding him infuriating.

"If you know something, you need to tell me."

"I'm afraid I cannot... my lips are sealed.." he replied.

I took a deep, short breath, making my anger apparent.

"But there is something I can show you," he said as he put his hands out, "Grab my hands."

"If this is some attempt at hitting on me, it's lame," I said, rolling my eyes.

He didn't respond, just waited with his hands outstretched. I sighed and softened, hesitantly grabbing his hands.

"Just breath and focus on me," he told me. I did what he said and noticed the golden light between our hands again. I looked up at his face and noticed his eyes were now a shimmering gold. I felt my eyes doing something odd and wondered if they looked the same. Pretty soon, leaves from all around us were gently swirling around the two of us, creating a tunnel with us in the center. I looked up and gasped, then let go of his hands and stepped away. As I did, all the leaves fell back to their place on the ground, allowing the wind to take them down softly.

"What was that?" I asked, concerned. He was smiling, pleased about something.

"I think you should probably be heading home now," he diverted.

"What? No."

"We'll see each other again."

"Wait, how will I find you?" I asked frantically.

"Don't worry."

"That's not an answer," I said as I closed my eyes, frustrated. When I opened them again, he was gone. I looked all around me but there was no trace of him. My gaze fell to the ground where I saw a necklace. I picked it up and examined it. It was a beautiful crystal hanging from a gold chain. I sighed and put it on, not sure if it was dropped by him or not, but I thought it was pretty. I wrapped my arms around myself and started walking back to Jack's house.

* * * *

"Hey, Love," Jack said as I walked in. He had been waiting near the door for me to come in and he sprang up to come to me. He stopped a few feet away from me, but I kept walking towards him. I put my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist, closing my eyes to allow the comfort to seep into my skin.

"Are you okay?" he asked as he wrapped his arms around me in response. I didn't say anything, just wanting to enjoy the moment. He took the hint and held me tighter. He rested his head on top of mine and waited for me to pull away.

I finally did and looked up at him. I told him about the stranger I ran into and everything that happened from me bumping into him to the necklace he left behind. For a while Jack was speechless, processing everything I told him.

"I know it sounds weird, Jack," I said nervously, unsure if he believed me.

"No, no it actually doesn't... it's just like... wow, ya know?"

I nodded my head in agreement.

"So, d'ya know anything else?" he asked.

"No, I don't even know his name or how that happened."

"Hmmm, well I'm fascinated to find out what this all is."

"Me too."

"Soo, everything between us is okay?" he asked nervously.

"Yes, of course," I said with a smile.

"Good because I have something I want to do with you," he said as he grabbed my arm and led me somewhere.