Hyuck pushed her hand away and glared at her. "Stop touching my ear. It tickles." She blankly looked at him and raised her hand again to twist it, saying, "How about this?" He winced and begged for her to stop. She ended up weakening him and he almost fell on the ground if it weren't for her holding him.

"Ah, Yena, I have a question," Donghyuck said and suddenly poked her temple. "Does your true love has to kiss you in your duck form? Because you can only be a human alone or around me and Eunice. I'm just wondering because I want to assume the same thing happens to me. We have the same curse so," He brought his shoulders up then down.

Yena was suddenly deep in thought. "Maybe, but he can still kiss me either forms anyway. This form is very much unlikely, though," She said, referring to her human form. Stretching her arms, she let out a small yelp and placed her hands behind her. "But what most unlikely is finding true love. I have no time to find him."

The boy nodded along. "Yeah. We're stuck with each other trying to stop some crazy woman that I used to find pretty, which is very idiotic of me to do. At least I was able to find out who she really is before I could fall any deeper for some.. lunatic." What he said made Yena laugh.

"I don't mind getting stuck with you and honestly, whoever my true love is, I don't want to find him if he's not the boy I like." Donghyuck gave her a smirk. "Does he live in town?" He asked curiously. Yena pursed her lips and looked around, thinking. "Yes, but you won't be able to find him."

Hyuck pulled a sad face and pouted. "Aw, why? I need to interrogate him. As your only friend — as of the moment till Eunice gets back to her senses, if ever — it is my duty to know whomst thou fancy." He said in a sophisticated way and even turned his face expression like a nobleman's.

She laughed at how silly he looked. "It is not thee business, monsieur. It is of mine privacy, and I suggest that thee not try to haunt this boy. It'd be such an unpleasant sight to see." The both of them cackled and immediately stopped when they finally arrived at the castle.

"We climb up again, right?" Hyuck asked, nearly forgetting about their plan. Yena nodded and pulled him to the same area where they climbed last night. "Let's go up together this time, okay?" She gave him a glance, a brow raised. He nodded. "Okay."

Yena patted his chest and started to grab on the vines without signalling him. "Good. Just trust yourself." She said and went up. Donghyuck immediately followed her, not wanting to be left behind again. "I trust my life on you. If I fall, it's your fault!" She chuckled at his remark. Fortunately, the wind wasn't too strong to the point it would carry Yena's dress so his eyes were still holy.

They went on the balcony and roamed around the palace silently. They would hide now and then from guards who will simply pass by and not pay attention to the sculptures they used to hide from. Donghyuck doesn't know why Yena was so familiar with the castle but it became their advantage.

"I think Venea is in a royal guestroom which could be.." She ran her hands on the walls and a door before stopping on another door. "Here." She opened it and the pudu let out a little squeal when they suddenly shrank.

Venea was indeed there and she was struggling to get the slippers off of her feet. As usual, the pudu wrote down that she should close her eyes and when Venea read the note, she gave the two animals a look. "Are you guys sure it would come off if you two do it?"

The duck and pudu nodded. The girl then closed her eyes and as soon as Donghyuck turned into human, he said, "Just close your eyes. You can talk to us this way." Him and Yena then took off the shoes and stood up. "Alrighty. Do you have any spare shoes around here?" She asked.

"I think it's under the table near the window," Hyuck went to look at it and saw plain brown doll shoes. He took it and let Venea wear them. "Now, you have to leave the palace with us." The male said while handing the glass slippers to Yena.

Venea nearly opened her eyes. "I — what? So suddenly?" She clicked her tongue and sighed. "Okay, let's bargain. What can you offer me so that I would come with you two?" Yena was going to put up an argument that they should leave right away but her eyes widened when Donghyuck said, "I'll give you me" and tossed a small portrait of him to the other girl.

She felt the paper on her hand so she looked at the picture. Her eyes slightly sparkled when he saw how good-looking the boy looked. "Who among you two is him?" The pudu made a noise, signing that it's him. Venea stood up and tucked the picture in her dress. "Then let's leave."

Yena was greatly offended. She doesn't know why but she was. She needed to talk to Donghyuck after convincing Eunice. I mean how could he just give his entire existence to a girl they just met? They could have made another deal that is more rational.

All three of them managed to leave the castle through the window with Venea going first then followed by Donghyuck while Yena carried the slippers. Venea went home and told him she will wait for Hyuck's arrival in her house, making Yena fume in anger.

By the time the other girl was away, Donghyuck took notice of Yena's red flushed cheeks. "You okay?" He asked and before he could touch her, she turned away, crossing her arms. "No. And don't touch me. Let's get to Eunice," She grumbled and took heavy steps back home.

She then stopped walking. "Wait, I need fresh air. You go get her.. and be quick. I'll wait here." She said and looked away from Hyuck. He was confused on what was bothering her but still nodded. "Okay. Please be careful." He said before going through the woods.

Her eyebrows softened when she heard him say 'please'. Can that human get any cuter? She inhaled and exhaled sharply and remained angry at the thought of him giving himself to that girl. She wasn't even that pretty. While Donghyuck trudged through the trees, Yena was still feeling jealous.

It didn't take long for Hyuck to arrive and when he did, luckily, Eunice was there with no Skylar in sight. "Eunice!" The boy instantly called her. She looked at him with a raised brow. "Where have you been? Where's Yena?" He didn't say anything and just dragged her to the palace.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked again. "Just trust me in this, Eunice." After he said that, she didn't talk anymore and just followed him to wherever they are going. It's just been for a few minutes but they were already near the castle and they saw Yena waiting with the slippers.

When the blonde girl saw Eunice, she quickly handed the footwear to her. "Wear it now. And then we will give you to Jaemin and everything would be in their right places." She said. Eunice stared at the slippers for a few minutes.

"What are you waiting for?" Donghyuck asked, furrowing his brows at her. She raised her gaze and looked at Yena.. or someone behind her. Eunice walked pass her and when Yena turned around, her jaw dropped. Venea was standing there, like she was waiting for the slippers to be given to her.

Eunice then gave the shoes to Venea and she wore it. She thanked her and then walked towards the castle. While the other girl was getting away, Yena noticed that the bottom of her feet that was in the slippers were bloody. She gasped and covered her mouth in shock.

"Why did you do that?! We could save a life and you could be the prince's bride!" Donghyuck wasn't able to stop himself and shouted at Eunice. She only stared at him then turned away. "The prince always saves the princess." She simply said and walked back home.

"Are you serious right now, Eunice??" Yena glared at her, scoffing. "Time is ticking! If she doesn't remove the shoes before midnight, she will die. What has gotten into you? It would be easier this way. Aren't you desperate to get married to the prince?" She emphasized that word because.. wasn't she? Last time she remembered, Eunice is. Yena grabbed her hair and cried in frustration.

The silent girl only ignored their complains while the two ran back to the palace to destroy the shoes. She chuckled to herself. "How could I refuse.. How could I refuse so much amount of blood being shed by the girls wearing my slippers..? Jaemin can wait. Bloodshed can't."

"What did you say?" Hyuck looked back at Eunice. He heard her mumbling something and he was scared to find out what it may be. She giggled and shook her head. "Time flied by so fast. Five seconds before midnight.."

Yena and Donghyuck looked at each other and immediately rushed to the castle but once again, they failed.

The clock striked twelve, the bell rang.

Too little too late.

•••