FOURTH.

Eunice's POV

The prince gently pulled me towards the middle of the ballroom and the orchestra immediately played a waltz for everyone to dance to. Men pulled their partners and surrounded me and the prince.

He slowly bowed and when the beat came, we started to dance. His touch was so soft that it feels like I was in contact with a cloud. His smile shone brighter than the chandelier dangling on the ceiling.

I don't want to stare at him throughout the whole dance since he was too handsome, so every chance I get, I would spare him short glances then divert my eyes to somewhere in the ballroom. But every time I do look at him, he always has his gaze on me and it made me blush.

None of us started a conversation. We were too immersed into each other's presence. At that moment, the whole world was a blur and the only thing my eyes were focused on was him, the prince.

He is indeed handsome.. so handsome he looked like he jumped out of a children's fairy tale story. How can someone be this gorgeous? He felt like a faint memory from once upon a dream.

As the both of us glided through the crystal clear floor that reflects our actions, we drifted apart from the rest of the merry crowd. Our dancing feet led us towards the garden of the palace. By the time we were near the staircase, the prince stopped the both of us from getting too attached to the fading music.

He led me down the stairs and watched me while I was doing so. I can't recall the time he once looked away from me. He held my hand tenderly and we walked towards the garden, the full moon illuminating its light on our surroundings.

Still, the both of us were silent. We enjoyed one another's presence and probably have no plans on saying anything for now. The mood and the feeling just made everything much more magical than it already was.

Without telling me, I already knew by heart that the prince would love to take me out on a short stroll, and so I let him.

•••

Third Person's POV

Though the sight of the unknown girl that the prince was dancing with is nowhere to be found, the thought of her remained still in Lady Tremaine's mind. Not only her, but including her two daughters who was obviously envious of the girl with no name.

"She had the audacity to stride inside the palace with her name unannounced and be able to dance with the prince!" Anallina screeched in anger and was going to tear off the accessory on her hair but her mother immediately stopped her.

Davina fanned herself, trying to calm down and then rolled her eyes. "I could only agree with you, dear sister. She's late! I am wearing my most lavish gown and all these women can't even be on the same level as me. But that girl.. that girl!" She groaned.

People began to give the sisters' direction strange looks because of the commotion the two of them are trying to make. Lady Tremaine suddenly felt embarrassed and apologized to a few then scolded her daughters to shut up and keep it together.

"Silence, children!" She snapped and lightly smacked her fan on the back of their heads. "The prince is probably dancing with that girl for the mean time, but in the end, he has to choose another one who is properly introduced." She added, remembering the announcement earlier that this ball is for the prince to choose a future bride.

"But there is a chance that girl is a princess, Mother! Of course she won't need more introductions if she is of royalty." Davina said and folded her arms, frustrated. She glanced at her mother and Lady Tremaine gave her a glare. "But she might be not, is she?"