HA21-Turkey

Chapter 21...Turkey

(Dawson's P.O.V.)

Boy's Night taught me a very valuable lesson. That lesson being, don't lie to your wife. Danielle made my life a living hell the next day. She knew I had a killer hangover, and instead of letting me sleep it off like a good wife, she let me wake up to the tiny shrills of our kids and the barks of the dogs. I'm pretty sure she let the dogs get on the bed before I got home because I woke up sick again.

But other than the killer headache, and not being able to breathe through my nose it wasn't that bad. Though one of my ears is still ringing from Sadie's squeals.

I walked into the living room and Sadie was trying to teach Dixie to catch the dog food Sadie threw at her.

"Sadie are you making a mess?" I asked softly.

She dropped the dog food from her shirt, and it went all over the floor. "How did that get there?" She stated looking up at me like it fell from the sky. "Dixie bad doggy!"

She was a horrible liar, but I had to give the kid credit. "Sadie pick up the dog food before Shane tries to eat it," I ordered.

"Too late," Sadie stated pointing at Shane.

"Where is your mother?" I asked annoyed. I couldn't find her anywhere.

"She left a note on the counter," Hudson replied looking up from his morning cartoons and cereal.

I looked on the counter, and the note read:

Going for mani pedi's with Abby and Rebecca for a Girl's Day. Have fun with the kids. Love Danielle.

Just then Ross woke up crying.

(Danielle's P.O.V.)

I felt a little guilty leaving Dawson with the kids when he had a hangover, but he deserved it. He lied about being sick, and then went off and got drunk with the boys.

Well now I was going off to relax with the girls.

"Thanks Dani for asking us for a Girl's Day. This is just what I needed," Abby stated.

"Amen to that Sister!" Rebecca quipped. "I love my kids but even I need a break sometimes."

"Well today is all about us," I laughed as we walked into the salon.

It was very peaceful, and I got a French Tip manicure with coral pink toes. It looked very nice. I didn't even care that they would probably be messed up in a week. It was the time to bond with my sisters and that's all that mattered.

After the nail salon we went to lunch because we just weren't ready to go home yet.

"We need to do this more often," Rebecca stated smiling from ear to ear.

"I totally agree," Abby commented. "Ladies what are we going to order?"

"I think we deserve carbs, go big or go home right Girls?" I cheered.

"Right!" They chorused and then we ordered a very large and greasy pizza.

(Dawson's P.O.V.)

When Danielle got home I had put the kids down for their nap, and Hudson was over at Adam's house.

"Wow, the house is so clean!" Danielle stated coming to sit by me. "Thanks Baby. How's your head?"

"Honestly I cringe every time someone speaks over a whisper, but it will be okay," I replied smiling at Danielle.

"Awe, you want me to kiss it better?" She asked kissing my neck. I liked where this was going a lot. "How long have the kids been asleep?"

"Um ten minutes, because I put the laundry in right after I put them to sleep," I stated.