HA18-The Big Bad Wolf

Chapter 18...The Big Bad Wolf

(Dawson's P.O.V.)

It's been two weeks since we got our new 'neighbor'. When Danielle first found out it wasn't too pretty.

"Dawson what is She doing in the house across the street?" she stated calmly.

It was too calm, like a ticking bomb, if you ask me.

"Um she bought the house, or would it be better to say that her Daddy bought her the house."

Danielle just smiled, one of those smiles where her lips looked like they were sown together. It was totally fake.

"Danielle, Baby, talk to me."

"Dawson I have no words to speak," she stated.

It was then that I knew she was pissed, and she had every right to be pissed. Though if I didn't know she was pissed already what she did next confirmed my suspicions.

She went to the bedroom, pulled a shot gun out from under our bed.

"Danielle where did that gun come from?"

"It was a wedding present from my father!"

"And what do plan on doing with that gun?"

"Im gonna blow something up!"

"Danielle give me the gun." She sighed defeated and just looked at me.

"Why is this happening to us?"

"I honestly don't know," I stated as i had successfully removed the shot gun from her hands.

"Did your father actually give this to you as a wedding present?" I asked.

"Yes, he told me to use it if you ever cheated on me," she sighed. "But I knew you'd never do that so I just hid it under our bed for the right oppurtunity." She reached for the gun, and I put it over my head out of her reach. So she jumped.

"Not gonna happen short stuff," I sighed.

She sat on the bed and pouted,"You don't ever let me have any fun."

You can take the girl out of Texas, but you can't take the Texas out of the girl.

(Danielle's P.O.V.)

I couldn't believe that She was living across the street from me. Of all of the places to live in the United States she had to choose the house across from mine. And to make matters worse, Dawson hid my gun.

I mean a girl says she's going to friendly threaten her new neighbor to protect her family, and the city boy flips out. But he didn't have the bullets, they were safely hidden behind my tampons.

Just then my phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked confused. It was the school's number.

"Hello Mrs. Conn this is Brooklyn, the school secretary, I know you are on maturnity leave, but I was wondering if you could possibly come into work today?" she questioned.

"Well, I guess so, can I ask what happened to my sub?" I asked completely confused.

"She just resigned because one of the kids puked on her, Ma'am," Brooklyn stated.

"Well, I'll be there in 20 minutes," I replied then hung up the phone.

After rushing to get dressed and calling Olivia to watched the kids, I made it to my class. It took a little bit of explaining to the kids that I would be their new teacher for the rest of the year. Though when we got through that it was pretty much smooth sailing. Well until lunch time.

I had just got thru helping my kids with their plates, and I was sitting down when I saw the new teacher for the very first time. It was Her. I had the sudden urge to grab for my knife.

(Dawson's P.O.V.)

"She works here!" Danielle yelled.

"Who works where?" I aksed really confused.

"Victoria works at my school, my work place," Danielle cried. I wanted to just slam my head up against my desk.

"What are you doing at work?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"My sub quit," she sobbed some more.

"Where are the kids?" I asked running my hands through my hair.

She took a deep breath to calm her nerves. "They are at home with your mother," she sighed.

"Okay, Danielle just focus on your job, and when the days over take Hudson, and go straight home," I stated trying to reassure her. It started to work.

Victoria was really trying to ruin our lives. This had to stop.