HA7-Nightmares and Pee Stains

Chapter 7...Nightmares and Pee Stains

(Danielle's P.O.V.)

I found myself walking in a dark hallway, and I had no clue where I was. It was pitch black. I was using my hands to be my guide. And then I heard Hudson's cries.

"MOMMY HELP ME!" Hudson screamed, and I began to run faster. My heart was beating so fast and all I could hear was HIS laughter bouncing around in my mind. It was haunting me.

"You'll never be able to help him Danni."

"He'll never love you like I do."

"The little brat will be out of the picture soon, and there's nothing your hero can do about it."

I ran faster, and all of a sudden I was back at the pier. I saw Andrew, and he had Hudson dangling over the pier. My body was rigid.

"Let him go, drop him." And before I knew what was happening I saw Hudson fall into the water.

"NO!!!" I shouted and ran after him, but Andrew grabbed me. "Let go of me you sick Bastard!!!" I kicked him in the groin and then I heard a gunshot. I felt something wet, fall from my shoulder. Then I was out.

I woke up gasping for air, and it startled Dawson. He shot up from the bed to check on me. The look on his face was one of terror, and I just crawled over to him and cried. He just held me, and my sobs were muffled in his shirt. I just wanted to be held, because there were some things in my life I could not control. Though it was my sobs came to a halt when Ross woke up. I crawled to the baby bed and pulled Ross up in my arms.

"Shh, Baby it's okay I promise your Mommy isn't crazy," I sighed wiping the tears from my eyes. I had to remember that what happened was in the past, and I couldn't let it steal my future.

Ross continued to cry so I knew that he was hungry, so I decided to go feed him on the balcony, and watch the sunrise. It was so beautiful, the dawning of a new day. How many times, do we take for granted a new day? All I knew was that my kids were my future, and I was going to do everything in my path to keep them safe.

(Dawson's P.O.V.)

We were walking around Hollywood Studios, when I noticed Danielle's whole demeanor had changed. At the beginning of the trip she was all relaxed, and a free spirit. Now she was like a spooked fawn, she jumped at almost everything. And when it came to the kids, she was in full fledged mother hen mode.

"Daddy I'm thirsty," Sadie pouted. She was sweating and her little baby hair had turned to ringlet curls around her face. It was precious.

I reached in my backpack and got my water bottle. She started drinking it, and it was the cutest sight because the water bottle was about half her size.

"Slow down there Sally," I teased her, and she just giggled. "Want me to hold on to it?"

"Nope, I got it," she stated shortly. My heart broke for a second because she was already trying to act so independent.

We decided to cool down, and watch Beauty and the Beast, that way the kids would have some time to cool down. I pulled Danielle closer to me, and she almost jerked away from me.

"Danielle, are you okay?" I asked worried about her. She looked like she didn't get any sleep, and her eyes were puffy like she had been crying.

"I'm fine Dawson. Stop worrying about me," she stated and played with Ross who was sitting in her lap. Something was up, and every time I asked about her nightmare she avoided the question. I knew she just needed her time, but it always pissed me off when she won't communicate with me. She walks around like a ticking time bomb.