24 / 7 / 365~74

-
Come closer, I'll give you all of my love
-

After being dragged into the house, Rin sat quietly on the couch, awaiting Chinmae, who had retreated into the kitchen to fetch a snack for the group, despite Chenle's prior polite decline of any hospitality

Chenle leaned carelessly on the wall beside the door, gaze fixed upon Rin and her house as she sat a small length away from him, mind wandering endlessly.

Rin sported a smile as she wistfully observed every inch of space that surrounded her in the living room, grateful beyond measure for being returned to her home.

Her soft eyes explored the features of the house, not taking a moment for granted as her fingers trailed across the familiar ridges in the fabric of the couch, inhaling the scent of cinnamon that constantly wafted through the house- courtesy to the repetition of lighting scented candles.

Rin hoisted herself onto her feet, waltzing through the house that hadn't changed a bit, a smile resting languidly upon her cheeks.

She wandered along the grey walls and the framed pictures that decorated them- squinting to see the photographs from years prior, where her father, her brother, and herself posed for the camera- tongues sticking out and expressions exaggerated to create the perfect, silly family picture.

Her father had a habit of taking a few too many pictures, and always had a camera on hand- even in the most uninteresting situations, like walking to the store, or even driving to work.

Finding herself approaching a fireplace that had a dire need for a dusting, Rin's eyes drifted across the small trinkets that colorized the bland, red brick, such as uniquely-shaped rocks and a hued matryoshka; small things that the family had acquired over the years.

Among the objects and frames was a heart-shaped, silver locket with a the intricate design of a tree carved into the metal, but, despite its displayable beauty, it was tucked behind a minuscule, clay sculpture of some type of animal.

Her fingers grazed across the cold surface of it before taking it within her grasp, rotating the accessory between her thumb and index finger, examining it thoroughly.

Rin didn't need to open it to know what was inside, but she did anyway- carefully unfastening the item.

Revealing a tiny photograph hidden within it, Rin's eyes studied the face that she had never seen in person, but had dreamed about since she was a young child.

A woman with black hair stared back, dark eyes peering malevolently at the camera as a sly, mischievous smile illustrated her cheeks, radiating an aura of trouble, sending a chill up the girl's spine.