Baby Dont Like It~44

-
Or would you love me more?
-

Chenle and Rin emerged from his room, and caught Jaemin's eyes, who discretely raked his eyes over the two- making sure that nothing too awful had happened when the soulmates' were alone

Rin, who was experiencing Chenle's melancholy anxiety, fiddled with her fingers as she walked, gulping some of it down, yet nothing helped. Her eyes darted around the room as her stomach churned- as did Chenle's, but he was a bit better at hiding it.

Chenle had bags under his eyes, and although that was rather usual, they were much more prominent than most other days. The tip of his nose was slightly pinker than it was before, and his movements were less fluid- as if he wasn't focusing and had something on his mind.

However, what shocked Jaemin the most was that Rin's pinkie was hooked around Chenle's, which was possibly the reason the soulmates- specifically Chenle- were nervous.

The two, pinkie in pinkie, paced over to the group and Chenle promptly engulfed himself in his work, distracting himself from Rin, yet her contact helped him focus, instead of being zoned out like before.

They barely touched, yet it did the trick just fine, but Chenle's mind was still wandered to places he wished it didn't.

Chenle's memories always accompanied him, whether good or bad, and they persistently constricted him like chains- wrapping around his heart and locking in the emotions that so desperately tried to escape.

Chenle's situation was rather strange; if he let her go, most likely his mind would consist of only her and distract him, but if he held onto her, he was able to focus, yet Iseul would persistently try to distract him.

His heart raced within his chest as his eyes subtly whirled around, looking for someone that wasn't there, yet always haunted his mind, and wouldn't let him go.

Chenle felt dirty, as if he was cheating on someone, yet there was no one for him to do such a horrid act on, nor would he ever try; Iseul made sure of that.

Was it wrong?

Even if Chenle despised Iseul deep down, and even though he wanted to move on, he couldn't help but feel the nagging whispers in the back of his brain that it wasn't right.

She was dead, it was no breakup, so shouldn't Chenle honor her ghost?

Swallowing down the uncomfortable feeling that clogged his throat after that thought, the boy tried to purge such things from his mind as his eyes wandered towards Rin.

Rin felt how conflicted he was, yet she didn't understand it; she felt his pent swirl of emotions, and she felt the worry that prevented him from speaking much about it, but the soulmate bond didn't permit her to see why he was so bent on staying distant.

The girl wondered what he was thinking, and he pondered his past, desperately hoping it wasn't as bad as she thought it was, but she knew that is was probably worse than anything one could imagine.

Oblivious to Rin's concerned thoughts, Chenle continued to listen to the gang as they exchanged ideas, yet wasn't all that was on his mind.

Being with Iseul... perhaps it was anaxiphilia- loving the wrong person. Maybe, soulmate or not, Rin might be the one who belonged in his heart, which terrified the boy.