Checkmate~47

-
To change me
-

Her breath hitched as she glared into his demonic, twinkling eyes

Her breath hitched as she glared into his demonic, twinkling eyes. His dark orbs welled with mischief, almost like he enjoyed seeing her, which made her feel utterly disgusted.

Guns waving in each other's faces, Rin felt tears well in her eyes, but whether they were tears of despair or anger, she couldn't tell.

Tightening the grip she held on her gun, she bit back the urge to yell at him, or maybe cry- she wasn't sure what emotion was clogged in her throat, but it was crawling out of her lips as she desperately tried to force it back.

"Why are you here?!" She exclaimed, gun rattling in her clutches.

The blond boy's eyes widened slightly at her sudden outburst, causing everyone- in and outside of the house- to grow confused.

Chenle snuck up behind Rin, his body pressing lightly into her back to warn her that he was there as he clutched his own gun into his palms, obscuring it slightly behind the girl.

"How do you know him?"He murmured lowly, lips hovering over her ears.

Her lips viciously clamped together, and her fingers tightened drastically upon the intricate grip of it, eyes narrowing at the boy's across from her.

"He fucking killed by brother!" She shrieked, causing Bang Chan's eyebrows to scrunch together.

Suddenly making a quick decision at her words, Chenle hoisted up his own gun- pointing it steadily at Chan's face, which was a much more threatening action than Rin's quivering hands.

"Now you deserve to die," Chenle deadpanned, eyes gleaming with resentment.

Reacting quickly to their leader being held at a gunpoint by two guns, Stray Kids members- the gang that they had come across- that were lined up behind Chan held up their own guns, directing them at Rin and Chenle, except for a single boy in the back.

A boy with dark, shadowy eyes and black hair leisurely sauntered up beside Bang Chan, his own gun pointed at Chenle as he lazily glared at the two, and Rin recognized him to be Changbin- Stray Kids's weapon specialist.

"Long time no see," Changbin mumbled carelessly, eyes narrowed.

Eyes shaking as she quickly glanced towards him, she felt her bottom lip begin to quiver subtly, despite the fact that she commanded it not to. Enraged demeanor crumbling into a much sadder one, Rin's lachrymose eyes bore into Bang Chan- the leader of Stray Kids, and the one who orchestrated the plan that killed her older brother.

"Wait- killed him? Me?" Bang Chan prompted, eyes reflecting confusion as he stared at her casually from behind his gun, like he had most conversations under gunpoint.

Shimmering eyes piercing into him, the girl felt her heart seize with hatred and misery as she intimately shook the gun in his face, nodding vigorously.

"You took him on that mission- he wasn't ready! Why'd you even take him in?! He was so young- too young- It was your fucking fault he died, your fucking-"

"Slow down-"

"No! You murdered my brother, so you don't get to tell me what to do-"

"He's not dead!" Chan exclaimed over her, causing the girl to freeze.

A tear streaking the girl's cheek, she stood motionless in her spot, lips parted as her eyes raked across Chan's face, trying to find any hint of a lie.

"What?" She squeaked quietly, her voice cracking with vulnerability.

Everything just seemed to crash down upon her, doubts constricting her thoughts like chains, and her heart to seemingly stopped beating, merely hovering within her chest as an invisible force scraped its insides out, leaving it feeling hollow.

"He's alive," Bang Chan murmured, eyes softening with pity.

The girl blinked back her tears, shaking her head vigorously as his words echoed through her mind; she was drowning in the possibility that she had been lied to.

"No- you're lying- he t-told me he was dead..." She whimpered, voice trembling.

"Who?" Chan asked, eyes narrowing.

It had been years ago, yet Rin remembered it clearly, as if it had just happened. A boy, shrouded in black, had approached her house with a top hat obscuring his eyes and a long, black trench coat flowing down his body, paired with a bandana with a white bear that decorated it that covered his mouth. She could barely see any of his features, yet his harsh, gruff voice was something she could never forget; it was tattooed into her brain.

"A-A man with a mask on, I don't know who he was," She muttered, prompting Chan to sigh.

"Did the mask have a grizzly on it?" Chan uttered.

The girl's eyebrows knitted together in confusion, but she slowly nodded, skepticism beating through her heart.

"H-how did you know?" She whispered, barely trusting her voice.

"That was Woojin's thing- he always wore a bear mask. He betrayed us when Jeongin joined us," Chan explained, tone slow and steady.

Vision blurred and confusion pulsing through her veins, the girl shook slightly with adrenaline, yet she didn't know to say; what to believe.

"Wha-what are you saying?" She squeaked, the gun shaking in her grasp.

"I'm right here," Another, yet almost childish voice cooed softly, and Rin froze.

Eyes pulling away from Chan, the girl's trembling gaze wandered towards the rest of the group, yet she only saw a sea of guns and heads, which made the girl swallow nervously.

Someone began to push through the members of Stray Kids, and Rin's breath hitched dangerously, heart seizing within her chest.

I have to visit family so I might not be able to update as frequently got a bit😔