You convinced yourself that there surely could be something you should be doing. Call mom? You checked the time. Nevermind. She'll be getting up and ready for school soon, best to not wake her right before her alarm. Job search? Eh....if I wanted to work I could just find him and ask for something to do- 

"Watching them won't make them grow any faster."

"Hm?" Your head snapped up, turning to Yagi who was back in what was becoming his usual spot, leaning against the door frame. "Unfortunately." You sighed. Obviously, you zoned out again. Your eyes glued to the two bowls of soil on the table. "What're you still doing up?" He asked. "I could ask you the same." You started. "Don't you have to go hero?"

"Go hero." Yagi repeated. 

"Go be a hero?" You quirked a brow. "Does that sound better?"

"A little, but no, I don't as far as I know."

"Don't have to hit the office either?"

"Your deflecting isn't too good when you're tired. Have you noticed that?" He smirked. "Sir, you don't have to call me out like that." You turned away, your temple resting on your knees. "You haven't been sleeping."

"Not much-"

"If at all." He pressed. Okay, damn. "You got a camera in here or somethin', Yoshi?" You snickered turning back to him. "If there is, I didn't put it here." He shrugged. "Hey, uh...that doesn't ease my mind one bit." You clicked your tongue. "No, there's not a camera." He rolled his eyes. "I'm gonna say I believe you, but don't think I forgot my first night here-"

"Speaking of, is that why you're not sleeping?" Oop! "Well damn, Yoshi, just keep calling me out, I don't mind." You hid your face. "So you haven't noticed you're not as good when you're tired." He confirmed. "I guess not." You said muffled. "Give me a few?"

"A few what?" You turned back. 

"Minutes?" He narrowed his eyes.

"For?"

"To sleep?" Yagi continued to match your tone. "Dude, you don't have to-"

"It's sleep. Be right back." He pulled back from the door frame and faded into the darkened hall. "O-okay?" You rolled off the bed, shuffling over to hit the light switch. With just the lamp left turned on, you crawled under the covers, eyes back on your phone, but this time you were looking for a possible new read. Scrolling through your socials, you bookmarked a few for later research.

Click.

The room went black. "I didn't hear you come in." You said, still scrolling. "You know blue light keeps you awake longer?" You felt the bed depress as Yagi got in. "Mm?" You lifted your brows. "Are you suggesting I wear readers like you?"

Come on and dive in to the deep end

Tell me what could go wrong?

"They're not readers," he pushed his index finger against your forehead, "but you should wear them."

"I've got the filter turned on, my screen's almost yellow." Your eyes nearly crossed looking at his accusing point. "Still-"

"I'll think about it? Will that suffice?" You cut off your screen and set your phone on the nightstand. "I suppose it'll have to." Yagi said, pulling back his hand. It took a moment for your sight to adjust to the dark but-

I can't be seeing that right. You blinked a few times. "...Fucker." You hissed. "What?!" Yagi propped up on his elbow, you sat up. "You do!"

"I do what?"

"Your hair's down! Let me see!" You reached over him, struggling for the lamp. "Nope, go to sleep." With one swift something you were lying back down. "Toshi, let me seeee!" You tried again. Failed attempt, you ended up on your back, head flopping onto your pillow. "Why do you move so fast? Was that your hand or arm?" You pushed back up. "It-"

Oh I'm hoping that you'll feel some

Of the angles I've been sending on

"Nevermind that, let me see!" You reached again. His hand engulfing your face,  politely but firmly putting you back down. Your muffled protest meaning absolutely nothing while you tried to pry his fingers off. "You can see it later. Go to sleep." Toshi removed his hand.

Jumping off the moon, babe

Just to get back down

Hoping that you'll catch me

Before I hit the ground

"No! I want to see it now!" You reached for your phone, thumbing for its flashlight. "What are you, five?" He covered it as soon as it cut on. "Today I am!" You tried in vain to slide your phone from his grip. "I'll take this then." With ease, he pulled it from your struggling hands. "This is bullshit." You watched as he held it until the light timed out, occasionally trying to snatch it away, listening to him snicker at your trial and error. 

Jumping off the moon

He at least gave it back, clearly trusting you wouldn't try again. "I'll just wait until you're sleeping." You puffed. "You're assuming I'll fall asleep first?" Toshi leaned in. "Not too good of an assumption, huh?" You tried your hardest to make sense of the silhouette in front of you. "You're the one who's sleep depri-" The contrast of your warm palm running over his cool, damp scalp stopped him mid thought. 

"Really?"

"I win." You giggled, letting your fingers glide through and off the ends. Loose curls, almost waves. "Happy now?" Yagi lied down fully. "I'm satisfied..for now." You wondered if he could make out the shit eating grin you had half hidden in your pillow.

Falling into you