Harbinger scoffed, rolling his eyes. “You know, when I asked for harder missions, Boss, I meant I wanted a challenge,” Harbinger said, “and I was always good with my knives.” As he turned around on his heel, Law saw the blood that stained his clothes.

Just what kind of mission did Doflamingo send him on?

Harbinger walked to the doorway, ignoring the rest of the Donquixote Family. Then, as he neared Law, he paused, finally taking notice of the boy.

Harbinger tilted his head, his dark eyes locking with Law’s dull-grey ones. Law’s eyes were mostly obscured by his white, fuzzy, brownish-black spotted hat, but Harbinger still saw them.

They were lost in each other’s eyes for what felt like hours when Baby-5 spoke up nervously. “This’s it!” She squeaked, hiding her small, feminine frame from Harbinger using Buffalo, “He’s dead!”

Law felt a bit intimidating by Harbinger’s stare. Aapparently, according to Baby-5, this twelve-year-old seemed deadly.

Harbinger raised his hand, making Law subconsciously flinch. Yet, instead of feeling some sort of painful impact, Law felt Harbinger pat him on the head.

“Heh,” the raven-haired kid said with a soft chuckle, “cute.”

He dropped his hand from Law’s hat, making Law pull the fuzzy hat down over his head so the others couldn’t see his flustered face.

There was silence as Harbinger made his way out of the meeting room, only to glance back at Doflamingo over his shoulder. “If you need me, you’ll know where to find me.”

Doflamingo nodded as Harbinger continued on, leaving the others in silence.

────𖤐────

Law sat by himself on an old tire that wasn’t covered by the trash of Spider Miles.

He pulled his knees to his chest, resting his head on them. His mind kept wandering to that boy, Harbinger.

Earlier that day, after the meeting, Law noticed how Harbinger was cold to the other members of the Donquixote Family, sometimes even going as far as lashing out at them. Yet, whenever he walked past Law or Law walked past Harbinger, Harbinger always gave Law a soft closed-eyed smile and a wave.

He never showed Law the same hostility as the other members. Why was that? Does he feel pity for me? More importantly, why do I even care how someone felt about me?

“Hey, Kid, you there?” A voice snapped Law from his thoughts, lightly startling him. His head shot to his side, where he saw none other than Harbinger kneeling next to him.

Harbinger softly chuckled. “Woah, my bad, Kid. Didn’t mean to scare ya.” He said, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck.

“No,” Law replied, his tone low, “it’s fine.”

Harbinger smiled brightly as he sat down next to Law, following the gaze Law gave the North Blue sea when he was lost in thought.

“So, you come here to think too, huh?” Harbinger asked. Law looked at Harbinger, seeing that his eyes were focused on the horizon.

“I do.” Law said, keeping his answer short. He didn’t fully trust Harbinger, nor did he feel up to conversing with him.

Seeming to get the hint, Harbinger stood. “Oh, uh... sorry for botherin’ you.” He apologised.

His sudden, slightly sadden tone made Law arch a brow. Why is he talking to me like this, and not hostile, like how he talks to the others?

Harbinger shoved his hands into his sweatshirt’s pocket. As he turned around to leave, Law saw the black heart that took up the back of his jacket. There was one simple word written within the heart. Corazón.