Finally meeting Iris

Start from the beginning

Everybody is in their places, everybody is ready and nobody is prepared for what they're about to find out.

Let the show begin.

With the ND's and Warblers

Most had arrived at the agreed time (11am), some arriving a little later, flustered and apologising with excuses on their tongue. It was semi full, most of the customers the Secret Listeners. They had ordered their coffees and sat down at the biggest table which only seated 10. Since they had 13 (Blaine, Kurt, Finn, Rachel, Santana, Brittany, Artie, Tina, Mercedes, Quinn, Thad, Nick and Jeff) they had some of the couples sit on each other's lap (Blaine + Kurt, Santanna + Brittany and Nick + Jeff). The ones facing the door (Santanna, Brittany and Thad) kept an eye on it, watching for a girl that might be their age to walk through the door. Some had gotten bored quickly and were scrolling through their phones.

It had only been 45 mins until a girl caught the door watchers' interest. She had chocolate skin and wavy hair that suited her perfectly. She dressed casually, had an air of unfamiliarity around her and looked around as if looking for something, or someone. She was beautiful and was clearly unfamiliar with the store. They quietly alerted the others and they discreetly tried watching her as she made her way to the barista and ordered a small iced cappuccino and sat down at a two seater table facing the door. It wasn't until the barista announced the name "Iris" and she stood up to grab the cold drink that they knew they had their person. They looked at each other and had the same thought.

"It's her"

Now it was just a matter of time before Sebastian would walk through the door. They just had to wait.

They didn't have to wait long after that but for them, it felt like hours. 15 mins after Iris had arrived, Sebastian entered with a goofy grin on his face, a completely different air around him. He seemed happier than he usually was. They noticed the small bounce as he quickly looked around the shop. His eyes landed on the girl sitting scrolling through her phone, clearly not paying attention.

He quietly snuck behind her and placed his hands on her shoulders, spun her around and said "BOO!". The girl, Iris, was startled at first before the shock melted into happiness. She laughed, threw herself at Sebastian and quickly engulfed him in a giant hug which he happily accepted and returned. Laughing as he spun her around and said 'hi' with the biggest smile on his face that almost no one had seen before. They sat down and started talking.

A couple of the ND's and Nick made a move to get up before they were brought down by the people next to them, and were shushed. They wanted to wait a little longer before they confronted the pair.

Sebastian's P.O.V

I walked in, my eyes quickly scanning the store before resting on a figure sitting by herself, eyes glued to her phone, in her own bubble away from the world. A grin made its way to my face before I had even noticed and quietly crept behind her. It was easier since she had her headphones plugged in, probably blasting music. I quickly put my hands on her shoulders, spun her around so she would see my face and let out a "BOO" effectively startling her. She quickly recognised me before launching herself into me.

Laughing, I pulled her into a hug before realising something. I was taller than her. When I left Central City, we were the same height as I was on the small side. Now, I was able to tuck her head into the crook of my neck easily while slightly tipping my head up to rest on hers. Wow. We've both grown. I knew that she would grow a lot but still. Wow.

I spun her around saying "hi". I was probably smiling and could feel my cheeks starting to hurt. She mirrored my smile and also said hi before I finally let her down and we moved to sit.