SEVENTEEN - I Recommend The Croissant

Comincia dall'inizio

She put away her things in her purse, this time run out of patience for this interaction. She said, "Thanks." and started walking away.

But before she could disappear into the hallway, the lady asked, "Dear, I'll need to know which room you'll want to visit first."

This made her turn around to answer.

-

Monday slipped inside his room like a silk gown slithered off her shoulder. It was dark and late, and the only sounds in there where that of the machine that monitored his vitals and the pouring rain outside the window. He awoke, noticing her presence, and simply looked at her as she stepped closer and closer to his bed. They looked at each other in peace; there was nothing more to fight, there were no lies in their eyes, there was no power involved, only weakness. Her shoulders tingled with the presence of an angel at one side and a demon on the other. They laughed and argued, and disagreed like you'd expect light and darkness to.

She sat on his bed and they didn't say a word, she simply reached for his hair and clutched it like she was holding on to something important. He stared at her lips before she gave him a slow peck, and then in an instinct, he leaned, grabbing her waist, and devoured all the adoration he had been storing for such a long time. His skin had a faint scent of musk and fresh lavender, and the tip of her fingers traveled down the ironed hospital sheets as if it were ocean waves.

They leaned away a fraction, though her eyes were unable to open immediately, and their foreheads met in the middle.

"Monday." He whispered, furrowing his eyebrows. "I need to know."

She pressed his chest mildly, insisting he lay down, "I know." With little strength, her pull was able to completely overtake Apollo and jab him onto his pillow. The side of her eye caught the vision of an old friend in black that only Monday could see, but she ignored Death's presence. "How is it?" She asked, avoiding his request.

She peeking at his legs that were covered by a thin blue blanket while he grunted softly and opened the blanket for her to see. She made a face, to which he replied, "My thoughts exactly." That made her smile.

When the bomb exploded, a piece of metal flew into Apollo's thigh. It wasn't critical, but it had had to be removed surgically. "How do you feel right now?" Her posture shrank at the thought of his pain.

He smiled and looked at her, "I'm alive. You're alive." She smiled at first, but then looked away only to see her childhood friend still looking at her. "Please." He insisted once again.

Monday scrunched her face a little, containing emotion, and then grabbed his hands and squeezed them. "Elliott is dead. Feyre is dead. Malachi is dead. Gideon has been suspended." She sniffed, "Liza is in surgery. The other girls are alive." A deep inhale, "You are alive. Sawyer is alive." She wiped a tear from her cheek and laughed bitterly, "And was fired." She laughed, and then cried.

He held her and tilted his head to meet her eye-line, "Hey," He raised her chin, "Does that mean I don't have to call you Monday anymore?" He smiled, and that made her laugh.

In between chuckles and tears, she mumbled, "I guess not."

He smiled and tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear. "I can't believe we've been through all of this and I still don't know your real name."

She unclenched her fist; Her body was hypnotized by his touch, and she paid no more attention to the rest. She looked back at the corner of the room, and noticed Death had made her exit. After that day, Monday and her would never be friends again. She looked back at Apollo and whispered to him, "Without the Bureau I don't think I know who I am." She whispered.