Chapter 42 - Rihanna

I checked the clock. It was only quarter past 5 in the morning! God! It was too early. I didn't need to be up now, but I couldn't sleep. I was too excited for today! I slowly heaved out of my bed, before heading to the bathroom for a shower.

I re-appeared 15 minutes later, drying myself quickly, before changing into my old dancing uniform; black leggings, black leotard and a long, hooded top. I didn't know what else to wear. I was ready to head off at 7, even though I had 2 hours. I quietly headed down stairs to make myself breakfast.

It was now 8.20, and like usual, I left to get the bus, meeting Violet, Daisy and Charlotte on the way. I couldn't believe we were all in! It was such a good feeling, it would've felt awful if only one or two of us got in.

Ten to nine, and we were in the studio. There was only 12 of us in Lynne's class, 6 new ones, and 6 old ones. We got introduced, and I was talking to a girl called Becca, who was lovely, when Lynne clapped her hands loudly together. "Girls, there's someone here to see you!" She gestured over to the door, and I saw the one and only lady herself, it was Rihanna! "What a beautiful bunch of girls, perfect for my new video, 'Where Have You Been'! We're going to get the dance shots done today, by transforming this studio into a kind of dark, spooky room. The lighting will be a red-orange colour, and it will be dull, but cool." She announced. I was so starstruck! I was in the same room as Rihanna! She was like, the biggest female singer around, and I was going to be in her music video?! "As I said, it's called 'Where Have You Been' and it's due out in May. Now if you go through to the other studio across the hall with me, you can get your hair and makeup done, and also your outfits, while this studio gets transformed. Lets go!"

One hour later, and we were all ready to shoot. I was dressed in a moldy green crop top and short shorts combo. The top had short sleeves, was quite low cut, and had a few slashes in it, as did the shorts. My hair had been put into very tight curls, and parts of it were clipped back. My makeup was quite simple, darkened eyebrows, heavy eye makeup and brown lips. I was so nervous! The director was telling us where to stand, and I found myself at the front, right next to Rihanna herself! Was this real life? The directer was talking to people, checking their places and everything, when Rihanna turned to face me. "So, how long you been dancing for? You look about 18, am I right?" She said. Rihanna was speaking to me. She was physically speaking to me. Her accent was amazing. I took a deep breath. "Yeah, i am 18, 19 in June. I've been dancing since I was 6 years old." I replied. "Wait, you're a model too, aren't you? I see you on the Lipsy site quite a lot, when I go on to buy things!" She exclaimed. She knows i'm a model, what? "I am, yeah, i'm so chuffed you noticed!" I laughed. Rihanna laughed too. "I think you're absolutely gorgeous." She said. Rihanna just said i'm gorgeous. "I think that's you?!" I replied.

A grueling 6 hours later, we were finished! It was now 4 o'clock but it was so worth it! I had spoken to Rihanna a lot, she was such a lovely person, we really clicked, well, we must have, because somehow I ended up with her number! "We should meet up Maddie. Hear you know The Wanted? They should come too, they're good guys. We were going to do a song together. I'll see you around Madeline." She said, hopping into a taxi. I can't believe that just happened. I can't believe it. I walked over to Charlotte, Violet and Daisy, who were waiting on me. They were just gawping at me. "You get to know all the famous people!" Violet exclaimed. I didn't know what to say. We walked to the bus stop, talking non-stop about Rihanna, and we caught the first bus home, still in shock.