Chapter 13 - Nerves

Monday morning was fast approaching. It was half past 11, on a Sunday night. I had went to bed 2 hours ago, in a bid to try and sleep. I had failed. The bys were all still downstairs, watching some scary film I think that's what they said. They had all been lovely to me, making me feel at home, very sympathetic. Especially Nathan, always asking if I was ok, or if I needed anything, and just generally being a sweetheart. Max and Siva were always talking to me, they always new exactly the right things to say. Tom and Jay were just hilarious, always trying to cheer me up. I loved living with these boys.

I was extremely restless, I couldn't sleep at all. By now it was almost midnight. I had to do something, I don't know what, just something. I got up, and padded across the hall to the bathroom. I just leaned against the sink for ages. I suddenly felt awful. "Hey, Maddie, sorry, I didn't realise you were in here." I looked over to the door, and saw Nathan stood there. "You OK?" He said, "You look ill!" "I-i'm scared.." I whimpered. "Aw, come here." He gestured, I walked over to him, and wrapped my arms round him, the tears rolling fast down my face. "I don't want to go." I cried, "I don't want to be the strange new girl." "Shh, shh it's ok." Nathan comforted. "Lets get you back to your bed, you're shivering!" He led dme back to my room, and I climbed into the warm bed. Nathan sat on the edge, just rubbing my arm, occasionally saying things to try and soothe me.

I woke up suddenly to the sound of an alarm. I turned over in my bed and went to switch it off. It said 7.00am. I groaned loudly, realising I had to get up. Nerves can't take over me. I thought to myself. This dance studio could change my life forever. I pulled myself out of my bed, before having a shower. Once I was out, I changed into a plain white vest top, black joggies and a loose black hoodie. I carefully applied a spot of makeup, before drying my hair, and pulling it back into a loose, messy bun. I looked at the clock again. 8.13am it said. I better go down and quickly eat something, then leave.

I walked into the kitchen, and was surprised to see Nathan, Max and Jay sat there. "What are you doing up so early?" I said to them. "Couldn't miss your first day, could we?" Jay grinned at me. "No, we couldn't" Max agreed. "I'm going to drive you there, and the boys are going to accompany you as well." I smiled at them. "You don't need to do that!" They were so lovely. "But we are Maddie." Jay said. "i'm away to get ready." "I'll wake Tom and Seev up." Max said, both of them exiting the kitchen. "When did you leave last night?" I said to him, pouring myself a bowl of cereal. "About 1 o'clock." He said. "Once you were finally sleeping. How are you feeling today?" "Thank you for helping me sleep." I smiled. "I'm feeling fine, just really nervous."

"Right, lets go!" Tom shouted ten minutes later. "Don't want to be late!" I smiled at Nathan, before slipping on my grey Converse, and following the boys out the door. This was the start of a career that could change my life. Forever.