Chapter 52 - I'll Be Your Strength

This couldn't be happening. My Madeline. My perfect girlfriend. I couldn't believe it. I refused to believe it. I started shaking, and felt Kelsey try to comfort me, by slipping her arms around me. It all got too much. Sobbing, I ran out of the room, down six flights of stairs and I didn't stop running until I the cold outside air hit me, then, I started to cry uncontrollably.

After about only five minutes, I heard footsteps behind me. Not bothering to turn round, I collapsed onto the wall beside me, as did the person. I looked to my left. It was Tom. "Mate, i'm so sorry." He said, finally. His eyes were all red. It looked like I wasn't the only one who had been crying. "It's not your fault." I murmured. There was silence between us for a few moments, before Tom finally said, "She'd want you up there next to her you know. Nathan, I really think you should go up. It's hard for all of us." "But I can't face seeing Madeline like this." I replied through my hazy tears. "Yes you can Nath. You're braver than you think." Tom answered. Tom was right. I needed to be strong. For Madeline.

I was soon back in the too-familiar hospital room, at Madeline's bed side, holding her hand. "We'll uh, give you a moment Nath." Kelsey said, ushering Tom out the room. 

"Madeline." I began. "You can't go. You can't leave. Think of all the people you'll be leaving behind. You'll be leaving me, your boyfriend, I love you too much to let that happen. Your family, your friends from dancing, your friends from modelling, your friend Pixie and Rihanna, Michelle, Kelsey, Zoe, Nareesha, and all their friends, Tom, Max, Siva, Jay, even Martin, Big Kev, Jayne and the rest of our crew. This list could go on forever. All these people would miss you. You can't go. It's too soon! You're still a teenager. You haven't lived half your life yet! It's breaking my heart. I need you to stay strong. You're a fighter. Don't give Martin the satisfaction of winning. It's what he wants. You can fight it off. It's not over yet." The tears were streaming down my face. I leaned close to her ear, and began to sing softly.

"Hold on, hold on, i'll be there..., i'll  your strength, I will, I will be." I wanted Madeline to survive more than anything else in the world. I love her, and I can't live without her. 

was almost crying writing this ! Are you enjoying this? There's only 2 chapters left :o!