Chapter 2 - The Show Begins

"Butterflies, butterflies, we were meant to fly, you and I, you and I, colours in the sky, we could rule the world someday somehow but we'll never be as bright as we are now......" We were in the car on our way to In:Demand and we were singing our hearts out to The Wanted, of course! Our original plan was for us to get the train down, with us all being 18, we don't really need our mum to take us anywhere, but as usual I was late, so we re-planned everything, and now my mum has the job of taking us there, while having to listen to our horrendous singing. Right now I couldn't really care about the other 15 acts, i just wanted to see my idols. "I won't I wont let your memory go, 'cause your colours they burn-" The music stopped as the car drove to a halt outside the venue. "We're here!" My mum said. As if we didn't already know that. I hopped out the car, as did Sophia and Lily. "Bye mum! I shouted. "Bye Mrs Evans!" Lily and Sophia shrilled in unison. We followed the throng of the crowd into the SECC.

 Half an hour later, we were in the stands waiting for the show to begin. It was due to start in 20 minutes. I felt someone in the row behind tap me lightly on the shoulder. "Excuse me, where did you get that? I noticed it when you first came in. Sorry, i'm really nosey!" I turned round and there was a blonde tanned girl pointing at my VIP Wanted pass. The girl was very orange, and she had the most revealing dress on. I don't know who she was trying to impress, but she was the typical sort of  fake girl. "Oh, Sophia here won these in a radio competition, it's only The Wanted we get to see. We go to the stage after and a security guard will take us to their dressing room." I replied casually, sensing her jealousy. The girl gasped. "Oh my god shut uuup! No way!" She sounded so chavy when she spoke. "You have no idea how jealous I am right now!" She pouted, smudging her bright pink lipstick as she did so. Lily laughed. "No need to be jealous, i'm sure you'll meet them one day." Lily said.

After that we got to know the girl and her friend quite well. Her name was Nikki, and  her clone was called Mandy. I didn't actually mind them, but they were quite strange, and part of me thought they were only being nice because we had the passes, and they probably thought that somehow we could get them in too.

The five of us were chatting away when suddenly the lights went out. The show was about to begin! The voice-over spoke, making the whole audience jump. "Welcome to In:Demand Live 2011 with your host for the evening Scottish radio presenter, it's Romeo!" Everyone screamed as Romeo ran onto the stage. This was it. The excitement was really beginning to kick in now. Soon I would see The Wanted. "I'm pleased to announce our first act, bringing a huge opening to the biggest popfest in Scotland, its CHIPMUNK!" Everyone screamed again as Chipmunk sauntered onto the stage. "Some people have to learn, some people wait their turn, some people have to fight..." He burst into song and I began to forget about The Wanted, and concentrated on enjoying the other acts too. "Some people, but now me, I was born a Champion!" Singing along to the music, I was in my happy place. I was content.