"Isn't she lovely?" Hoseok changes the topic as his eyes darted at the portrait not giving the other time to retort. "It's a shame she died when she was young." He started to pace towards Namjoon, halting when he was just about a foot away.

"How did you know her?" Namjoon finally had the chance to ask him, his eyebrows slightly furrowed. This was questionable for him since they are in an unfamiliar place and the fact that the other individual is knowledgeable is suspicious. Hoseok shifted his gaze from the portrait to Namjoon and it glistened to something that the latter cannot fathom. The younger man once again ignored his inquiry but instead, he pulled something from the pocket of his coat, revealing a rectangular cloth-bound object−its burgundy color much faded, but the parchments are still sewn properly.

"You need this, right?" Hoseok raised the book into Namjoon's eye level. He recognized that it was one of the lost books. The one that he and Seokjin were trying to acquire for centuries. However, before he can react and reach for the book, it was engulfed in flames. Namjoon tried to extinguish the fire but it wasn't the typical blazing element that they deemed as normal since the book was already in ashes. Magic.

Namjoon closed his eyes. Now, he understood the bizarre actions of the other, he's a witch. Hoseok had concealed his magic from him which explains how he almost seemed like a normal human, almost. In a fraction of second, Hoseok was already pinned on the wall. Namjoon's eyes glowed a shade of red dangerously, his fangs were emerging as he snarled at the person in front of him. Both of his hands were caging the other individual, leaving no room for escape. "Do you understand the consequences of your action?"

Hoseok returned his stare with the same intensity, glaring at him what he can make out as anger and frustration, the playfulness had long vanished. "I am the only one who knows what knowledge the book held. If you want that information, you need to tell me what you know!" He snapped angrily at him.

An Information for an information

Hoseok knew he was on thin ice. How can he possibly fight this vampire? His skills are no match for the other's ability and worse, he made him infuriated. However, he contemplated his motive; why he was doing this. In order to discover the cryptic messages he kept on dreaming in the past, he was ready to face a vampire head-on.

Namjoon gritted his teeth. He had no choice. For them to learn more tidings, to beat the Neftis from approaching and obtaining the crown and heir, he needs information. Unfortunately, the book was now in dust and Hoseok is their only chance.

"Fine." He loosened his grip, his hands swaying to his side. "What do you want to know?"

[Taehyung]

Taehyung gets the impression of being watched closely by a predator, who silently waits for the right time to hunt him. His stare was still unflinching as the distance between them shortened. It feels like he was searching his every being for something he can't make sense of. Every part of him: his muscles, bones, veins, and mind, shouted for him to run as far away as possible, until his body collapse in exhaustion, until his legs could no longer stand and until his feet could no longer walk. He would even use his teeth to crawl just to be isolated from this man. Yet he was a foot away and determined to push the fear that gripped his insides at the back of his mind. This permitted him to sit beside him even with the drowning worry.