《Ch.19》+ Prev.Art

_____________
~¤♡¤~
Chapter 19
Sweet-Talk Walk
_____________

'Hey. I'm good as new!---' The text is deleted quickly and Spinel groaned in frustration. "No, that's too much. Right?" 

Steven smiles at the gem from the kitchen, "Spinel, nothing is too much when you're telling someone that you're okay. (Y/n) will be very relieved that you're okay." He places a bowl of popcorn on the coffee table.

Spinel stuffs her face and stares at her phone stressfully, then texts the sentence again. "There." She gulps as it sends to your phone and her attention went to the movie Steven put in. It was to calm her nerves, but it didn't help especially half of the 2 hour movie, you hadn't answered her text. 

'I messed up, didn't I?' She thought then mentally clicks her tongue when her other self answers. 

'No. I bet she's on her way right now.' 

'Well that's the first time YOUR positive.' Spinel rolls her eyes. 

'What? I like (Y/n). Don't you?' 

Her eyes widen and she blushes, luckily the dim room keeps it away from Steven noticing.

The front door suddenly slams open and falls off its hinges, scaring Steven and Spinel as they cling to each other. They breathe heavily until they notice your out of breath figure. Immediately, Spinel lunged at you with her arms wide open, "(Y/n)!" 

You catch her and spin around at the momentum Spinel jumped at you. With a big sigh of relief, you hug her tightly, "Thank the heavens you're okay." Your hand moves to check her arm for any scars and there were none. 

Spinel whines when you pinch her the sides of her face, "Hey!" 

"Don't EVER scare me again, Bunchies!" You scold. 

"Well, EXCUSE me! I was saving your behind from being kidnapped." Spinel sassed at you with her arms crossed in a huff.

You couldn't help, but laugh at her attempt at being upset. Her pigtails were a give away as they droop, then fluff up at your laughter. "You're too cute." You playful tug her hair and acknowledge Steven who waved. 

Spinel's face bloomed a soft pink. 

"Where's Nelly?" You ask and realize you broke the door. "Oh no. I'm so sorry, Steven! I can fix that….attempt to fix it." You lean the door against the wall. 

Steven shrugs, "It's nothing to worry about. The gems and I can easily put up another one." He grins warmly, "Peridot stopped by and Nelly wanted to see Lapis again, so they went out to the barn." 

A yawn escapes your mouth and your hand wipes away a tear from your eye. "Alright. Sorry again, Steven. I guess I should head back to get a little rest. I have work tomorrow afternoon." 

"Will you be off in the evening?" Steven quickly asked. 

You shrug while Spinel seemed confused at his question. "Why?" 

The flyer on the table is held out which you and Spinel read; "Rave-gination? Magical Neon Party, Music of All Kinds, Free Kandi Bracelets. Hosted by Sadie and the Killer Suspects." 

You bite your lip, "Uh. It seems….fun? But I'm not really big on extremely loud….ya know." 

"Aw. Okay, but just let us know if you change your mind." Steven faked a disappointing expression. 

Spinel had been completely clueless that whole time, even tilting her head when Steven tried to cough and take glances at her then at you. 'Is he okay?'