《Ch.2》+ Digital Art

_____________
~¤♡¤~
Chapter 2
Couple of Days
_____________

"Spinel. Spineeeeelllll….Spinel!" 

The pink gem had her tongue sticking out in concentration, but ends up looking at Steven from the game she was playing on her phone. "Hm?"

It hadn't been long since the first day of her arrival, about four days and without no answer from the Diamonds, Spinel decided to absorb into making friends with the Crystal Gems. That meant them and Steven taught her many things about how things work here. Such as what a bathroom was, tasting food, and also how to be a Crystal Gem. 

Bismuth had also given Spinel a gift. More of a weapon. Unfortunately it looked and worked just like the rejuvenator, but also had a few tweaks so it doesn't have to be a rejuvenator all of the time. It can switch to an energy that hurt like a real scythe.

That weapon was in her gem and she never bothered with it. Hoping she never will use it.

"Well I was wondering if you want to come with me and Connie on a small trip? Just to relax our minds. We usually do this especially when we're stressed." Steven slips on his pink varsity jacket. 

"And where is that?" Her magenta eyes drift toward the game she was playing. 

"Funland. You know that place I showed you yesterday, now we have time to go, maybe even all night." 

Spinel nearly drops her phone and her eyes sparkle with excitement, "Really?!" 

Steven chuckles, "Yes, really." 

"We're wasting time then! Let's go!" The pink gem stretches over to the door and her hand drags Steven out like a rag doll. 

"Whoaaa! Spinel, we have to pick up Connie first!" 

~°♡°~

At the Maheswaran residence, Steven lead Spinel up to the front door as he knocked. She stayed behind him once Connie's mom opens the door. "Connie! It's for you! Hello, Steven." Mrs. Maheswaran smiles tiredly. 

"Hi, Mrs. Maheswaran." 

Connie appears and hugs her mother, "I'll be back later tonight, Mom." 

"Alright, stay safe." Connie's mom kisses her daughter's forehead. 

After leaving the home, Connie notices Spinel and she smiles warmly at her. "Hi! I never got to properly meet you, well, you know, a better occasion." Connie chuckles slightly. "I'm Connie which I'm positive Steven mentioned." 

Spinel grinned more confidently at the human's kindness, "He has. Quite a lot and from the other gems. I'm very pleased to meet Steven's mate." 

Both Connie and Steven's eyes widen and their faces are very flustered. "Oh my gosh, Spinel. We don't call it that." Steven hides in his hands. 

Spinel tilts her head, causing her pigtails to move to the side in confusion, "Well Peridot said you two were mates, but judging by your reactions. You two are not partners?" 

"Uh, we are…." Connie rubs her cheek, "...but there are other words to call us partners. Like Steven is my boyfriend." She smiles softly and takes his hand.

"And she is my girlfriend." Steven gazes at her with a tender expression. 

Spinel watches their entwined hands swinging between each other. It greatly confused her even more. 'So they're friends, but not friends?' She shakes her head and stares at everyone passing by. Again, she ends up looking at her attire. This time Spinel examines Connie's outfit.