《Ch.1》+ Digital Art

_____________
~¤♡¤~
Chapter 1
Spinel's Arrival
_____________

Seagulls glide across the blue waters of the ocean, squawking to each other while heading in the direction of what could possibly free food. The noon high sun reflecting its surface as the waves try to stretch as far as it can on land. Slipping across the warm golden sand.

The seagulls flutter down where a slightly busy boardwalk stood, showing many things that consist of food places and a funland full of fun rides and games. It all stayed in front of the slightly small city. Known as Beach City.

Amongst the inhabitants, it not only bared humans, but extraterrestrial life called Gems. They lived with everyone and seemed to have harbored a home next to this city called Little Homeworld. Very fitting, especially for a location on this planet that is known for its weirdness. Aka, Gems with many abilities that no human could possess.

Well, expect for a gem/human hybrid.

That someone is Steven Universe.

"AUGH! Noooohooo!" A short purple gem whines while watching a seagull take off with her food. "Stupid Seagulls. I'm going after him!"

A hand is placed on her shoulder and sits her back down. "Ah, ah, ah, ah. No, Amethyst. We can't have another army of animals attacking us for a week straight." The tall and lanky gem scolds.

"Gee, you're no fun. Oh look at me! I'm Pearl and I hate to have fun." Amethyst mocks and laughs at Pearl's pouting look.

"I don't hate fun. I'm just being cautious and looking out for our safety." Pearl crosses her arms and leans forward on the patio table.

Another gem with shades silently chuckles, "She's just being Pearl, Amethyst."

Amethyst snorts and jumps away from the table, "Yeah, yeah. I'm getting more food."

Pearl sighs and looks at the other gem, "Garnet, have you seen Steven?"

Garnet smiles knowingly, "Of course I have. I seen him with Connie at the restrooms."

At her reply, the familiar teen with a yellow star upon his shirt comes around the corner and takes a seat at the table. "Hey, guys! Anything exciting happen while I was gone?" Near the corner of his mouth was something stained red, almost looking like lipstick to Pearl.

She gasped, "Steven Universe! Don't tell me you making out with Connie this whole time?!"

Steven's face suddenly turns red, "Wh-what?! No! I was helping Connie wash off face paint we got at the Funland Fair! I promise!" Why would Pearl accuse him of such a thing? It was totally embarrassing to him. Sure he loved Connie and gave small smooches here and there, but not that far.

Beside him, Garnet was trying not to laugh.

The other human female and Steven's girlfriend, finally came around the corner and she sits down. "Steven, I think the some of the paint dripped of the paper towel." Connie proved that point by trying to wipe off a black splotch on her light colored shirt. Finally she looked up and raises a brow at the blushing boy. "You alright?"

"Y-yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" Steven laughed nervously. Luckily, his phone went off and he answered it after looking at the ID. "Hey, Peridot. How's it-"

"JUST GET DOWN HERE TO LITTLE HOMEWORLD WARP PAD!" Peridot shouted and clearly seemed annoyed before hanging up.

"Huh. I guess something is going on at Little Homeworld. You guys ready?" Steven grins.

Connie groans when her phone goes off this time, "I forgot. I need to help my mom at the hospital."

"Learning medical attention is very important, Connie. I'm sure you can stop by after you're done. We're just one call away." Pearl reassures and stands up.