《Ch.4》+ Preview Art

_____________
~¤♡¤~
Chapter 4
Clumsy Approach 
_____________

Sleep wasn't that great. It probably is, but….last night while attempting to sleep, Spinel had seen weird things and those are what Steven explained to her were dreams. He said they would be good, but also bad. Spinel deciphered that her dream last night was….actually terrifying. She saw her other self, the same on she saw that night at Funland. 

So she stayed awake and just wandered around the beach by herself very early in the morning. The sun not peeking above the horizon yet. 

"Today…...right here." Spinel sings faintly and kneels down near the ocean waters as it barely touches her shoes. "Right now….I've loved again…." Her reflection stares back and she tried to wipe off the black tear streaks, but no outcome. "Have I really been found…?" Spinel sighs and decides to go on the internet. That's how she learned some things about Earth. Only asking the others, mainly Steven or Connie for a better explanation. 

The sand was brighter under the rising sun and shifted away when Spinel troughs back to Steven's house. When entering the Universe residence, the smell of pancakes waffles through the air and it wasn't something Spinel liked much. There were still other foods to taste anyway.

"Morning, Spinel." Greg greets while flipping a pancake. "I thought you were still asleep." 

Spinel takes a seat the dining table while hearing water running from the bathroom which its mostly likely Steven. "I couldn't sleep, so I went for a walk." 

"Well, whatever's bothering you, just ask us. Okay?" Greg places a stack of pancakes in front of the pink hearted gem then add whipped cream and berries with chocolate. 

"I know." Spinel poke at the pancakes with the fork and her head leaning on her hand. 

Finally, she takes a bite once Steven takes a seat next to her. "Good Morning, Spinel." 

"Eh." The gem shrugs and holds back a yawn while slowly eating a strawberry. 

Steven digs into his pancakes after being placed in front of him, "Yeah. I guess this morning is just an 'eh'." He chuckles and smiles more once he got a small positive reaction from Spinel. "Since the others went to Little Homeworld to help with gem stuff and Connie is helping her mom again today. I thought we can hang out together today."

Spinel sits up and smiles brightly, "Really?"

Steven nods, "Yeah and Pearl just texted me, saying that someone stole a lot of things from the Beach City Party store last night. I don't know who would do that, but there was no forced entry and no broken windows. Just a mini mission for us." He smiles. 

"That sounds fun! A mini Crystal Gem mission." Spinel starts to enjoy her breakfast. 

~°♡°~

"I wish Lion were here. It would've been so much faster to get here." Steven pouts, but he did love it that his dad drove them to the middle of Beach City. Him and Spinel hop out of the vehicle and wave as Greg drives away. 

"Steven! Oh thank goodness! You have got to find who took half of my inventory!" Mr. Smiley exclaimed in panic. The owner of Beach City Funland and the Arcade, so apparently he also started the Beach City Party store. The dark skin man opens the doors so they can step inside. 

"What did they take?" Steven asked and Spinel grins at all the colors of the stuff inside.

"Three boxes of bubbles, two boxes of confetti poppers, five boxes of balloons, one box of silly string, AND the WHOLE store stock of bubble wrap!!!"