•Chapter 8•

~Husk's Pov~

"Is there anything you wanna share with me?"

That caught me off guard. Is there anything I wanna share with him? I mean, why not? The fucker is telling me his shit so I might as well tell him mine.

"Well, whether it shows or not, I'm pretty insecure. I don't really know about what, though. Maybe it's just me or maybe it's that I always feel like I'm being judged. I don't know. I never put too much thought into it."

Angel hops on the counter in front of me. He then- hugs me? I wasn't expecting that so I'm just frozen there. He also stuff my face in his chest fluff... I don't know how to feel about that. I look up at him, half my face covered by fluff.

"I could kinda tell. My main guess was that you were emotionally troubled. You're always drinking. People with addictions don't just drink because they like it but they drink to forget. To forget about the problems that they face and forget about the fact that their addiction is wrong. My main question was what were you trying to forget? You don't have to go into detail about anything just yet. I understand how you feel. We can do this therapy type thing slowly."

My eyes soften and I smile at him. My face is still in his chest fluff but I don't mind. I finally hug back and fully bury my face in his chest fluff. This is the first time in years that I felt like I had someone I could trust. We pull away after a minute and then I sit on the counter next to him after grabbing a few bottles.

We spend the rest of the night just drinking and talking about random stuff. Sad topics didn't come up after Angel hugged me. I wake  up the next morning in my room. I turn around and see Angel laying next to me.

"Mornin," he says with a smile. "There's breakfast waiting for you downstairs." I smile at him then make my way downstairs.

~Angel's Pov~

Husk smiles at me then he leaves to go downstairs. I leave and make my way to my personal room. I take out my phone to check on my notifications. On my way to my room, My phone starts fizzing out, static fucking up the screen. I'm about to look up as I know who it is as I bump into Al. I was right. "Angel, darling, mind being more careful? Take your eyes off your mini picture show while you're walking."

A small cackle escapes my lips. "What seems to be so humorous?" I bust out laughing unable to hold it in. "You fucking called my phone a mini picture show, Al." Al gives me this confused look, smile never faltering like always. "Is that not what they are?"

I laugh even harder and Al seems to be tired of my shit. He walks away without another word. "Wait! I mean, you're right. We just call them phones now." I say.

Alastor turns around then rolls his eyes. "That's a stupid name."

"Don't blame me, I didn't name them."

He rolls his eyes yet again and scoffs once more. "Whatever." He says, a smile on his face. Something about that the smile is soft and genuine and his tone sound to be joking.

I smile back at him and we continue to where we were originally heading. I hop in bed and Fat Nuggets lays down on my stomach.

"Hey there, Nuggs." I start to tickle his stomach as he lets out happy, laughing squeals. I honestly love this pig to death. I then hear a knock from my door. "It's open!" no reply. I hear another knock. I then realize the knocking is coming from my window.

That can't be fucking right. Whoever is knocking can either fly or has some freaky power shit. I'm honestly frozen and can't move. My eyes don't leave Fat Nuggets who is now stuffed into my chest Fluff.

The knocking gets louder and then the window eventually breaks. Alastor must've heard the window break because, a few seconds after it breaks, he busts open my door.

"Angel Darling, are you okay?!"

He seems genuinely worried. His damn smile still hasn't left his face, though. "Y-Yeah. My window j-just broke." He tilts his head head in confusion then sits next to me. "May I ask how, Darling?"

"Someone fucking broke it." Al gets up and walks towards the window. He picks up a card then hands it to me. It's pretty heavy. "Fuckin perfect. Another creepy fan letter?" Alastor makes his way to my door then he turns back to me.

"I'll tell Charlie about what happened. I'll also ask if you can change rooms." I smile and look at him. "Thanks, Al." He hums in response then walks out and makes his way to Charlie.

The moment I opened it, a similar smell hit my nose. It's so damn addicting. I put the letter closer to my nose and just inhale the smell. It's so damn amazing. The smell is so damn familiar but whatever I'm smelling is clouding the rest of my senses.

I go to reach for what's inside then I bring it close the examine it since my vision is blurry.

C L A N K

Whatever the hell that was just fucking wrapped around my neck. I honestly couldn't care less. I'm too busy breathing in whatever smell is coming from that letter.

"Angel? Are you okay?"

I look at Charlie then I stand up to walk to her. My vision gets blurrier and I start to stumble. The last thing I remember was falling. Everything after that is a blur.

"Angel!!"

—————————————

(Nothing much changed during this chapter. I just added more dialogue between Al an Angel plus grammar fixes.)