Chapter 12

Val's POV

It has been a while since Wendy and the others left.

Peter has been playing his flute, and I have been listening.

Peter stopped playing and went out of the room. He's probably going to check of the others came back or not.

After a while, he comes back, but he is holding a white present box with pink ribbon.

"What's that Peter?" I ask him in confusion.

"It's a present from Wendy." Peter answers while walking over to his chair and sits down.

"Wendy?" I ask as I get up and walk to where Peter is and stand next to him, so I can read the note.

Since when did Wendy have time to get a gift for Peter? Probably when Peter, John, Michael, the Lost Boys, and I were still at the Indian encampment.

Peter starts to read the note. "To Peter, with love from Wendy. Do not open till six o'clock." He says.

We both look at the clock to see that it's 5:55. Only five more minutes.

"Huh, I wonder what's in it." Peter says while looking at the present.

Yeah. I wonder what the present is.

It has almost been five minutes, and we were both feeling desperate to open the present.

"Twelve seconds." I say to Peter.

"Well, I guess I can open it now." Peter says while starting to pull the ribbon off the present.

Just then, Tinkerbell flies in.

Huh, it's been a while since we've seen her. I wonder what she's been doing all this time.

"Hey, Tink. Look what Wendy left." Peter says while showing the present to Tinkerbell.

Tinkerbell, for some reason, started pulling on the ribbon of the present.

"Hey, stop that! Stop it! What's the matter with you?" Peter asks.

Tinkerbell started to twinkle. And I, of course, don't know what she's saying.

"Hook? A bomb?" Peter asks in confusion.

Wait, a bomb?

"Don't be ridiculous." Peter says to Tinkerbell.

And right after he said that, the present started to ring and shake. It is a bomb!

"Peter, watch out!" I say before grabbing the present running in front of Peter so I can take the hit.

Once I'm far enough, I throw the present ahead of me, but it explodes in arm's reach.

Everything goes dark.

I slowly open my eyes and look around me. The whole hideout is destroyed.

I try to get up, but there is a big branch on top of me.

Just then, a familiar voice is able to be heard.

"Hook. It was a bomb. Why, if it hadn't been for Tink and... Val!" I hear Peter call out to me.

I heard a few things collapse around us.

"Val? Val?" Peter asks.

I also heard twinkling from Tinkerbell. She was with Peter.

I started to cough a little because of all the smoke around us.

"Where are you Val? Val? Val!" Peter asks while looking around.

"P-Peter?" I ask, finally getting my voice.

More things started to collapse in front of me.

"Val. Are you all right?" Peter asks.

"Yeah." Was all I was able to say.

Tinkerbell started saying something to Peter. And once again, I don't know what she is saying.

"Wendy? The boys?" Peter asks Tinkerbell.

From how the way Peter said that, I can tell that Wendy and the others are kidnapped by Captain Hook.

"Go save them, Peter. They need you." I say to Peter.

"But I've gotta save you first. Hold on, Val. Hold on." Peter says as he gets closer to me.

"It's okay, Peter. I can manage. It's not like I'm important anyways." I say the last part quietly, but I think Peter heard.

"Don't you understand, Val? You mean more to me than anything in this whole world." Peter says as he finally makes it to me.

Wait, what?

Before I can say anything, more things started to collapse over us.

Acting fast, Peter covers me in protection.

After that, Peter removes the branch that's on top of me and helps me up.

"Did you mean that? What you said earlier?" I ask Peter nervously.

"Of course. I don't know what it is, but there is this feeling inside of me that attaches me to you. It's a weird feeling, and I don't know what it is." Peter says to me.

Now way! He... loves me?!

"Love... It's love, Peter." I say to him with a small smile.

"This is what love feels like?" Peter asks me.

"Yeah." I answer while nodding.

Peter looked hesitant before asking, "What was that thing Wendy wanted to give me when I was in your guy's room."

"A kiss. Why?" I say in confusion.

And just like that, Peter kisses me. I was so surprised when he did that. While we kissed, we both started to float in the air.

Once the kiss ended, I look down. But the only thing wrong was that I wasn't holding on to Peter, and I was still floating.

Wait, Am I flying?

"You're flying, Val." Peter says in surprise.

"But how?" I ask.

"You probably found your happy thought." Peter answers.

I understand now. I found my happy thought. "And my happy thought is you." I say while smiling at Peter, who smiles back.

"Come on. Let's go save the others." Peter says while holding my hand.

"Yeah. Let's go." I say to Peter.

We then start flying to Captain Hook's ship to save our friends.