Chapter 3

Val's POV

It's time for us to go to bed and I'm already laying down in my bed.

Mrs. Darling comes over to my bed and kisses my forehead. "Good night, dear." She says to me.

"Good night." I say.

Mrs. Darling then walks up to Wendy's bed.

Wendy is still worrying about having a new room. "But, Mother, I don't want to grow up." She says to Mrs. Darling.

"Now, dear, don't worry about it any more tonight." Mrs. Darling says as she walks up to Wendy's bed and tucks her in.

"He called Peter Pan 'absolute poppycock'." John says in his bed.

"I'm sure he didn't mean it, John. Father was just upset." Mrs. Darling says as she takes John's glasses off and puts them on the night stand while tucking him in bed.

"Poor Nana, out there all alone." Michael says sadly.

"No more tears, Michael. It's a warm night. She'll be alright." Mrs. Darling says while tucking Michael in bed.

"Mother." Michael says to Mrs. Darling while sitting up.

"What is it, dear?" Mrs. Darling asks.

"The buried treasure." Michael says as he gives her Mr. Darling's cuff links.

Oh, so the buried treasure was the cuff links. No wonder Mr. Darling couldn't find them.

"Now, children. Don't judge your father too harshly. After all, he really loves you very much." Mrs. Darling says as she closes the window and was about to lock it.

"Oh, don't lock it, Mother. He might come back." Wendy says.

"He?" Mrs. Darling asks in confusion.

"Yes, Peter Pan. You see, I found something that belongs to him." Wendy says.

"And what's that?" Mrs. Darling asks.

"His shadow." Wendy says.

"Shadow?" Mrs. Darling asks.

"Nana had it. But I took it away." Wendy says while closing her eyes.

"Yes, of course. Good night, dear." Mrs. Darling says before turning off the light and closing the door.

After Mrs. Darling leaves, I close my eyes and slowly drift off to sleep.

I wonder if Peter Pan will come over tonight. Eh, who knows?

So far, everything was normal. Me sleeping, me having dreams, me hearing a loud crash. Wait, what?!

I open my eyes and look around. I see Wendy wake up as well. We both look in the same direction to see... a boy? Wait, is that Peter Pan? He seems to be holding onto his shadow and using soap to try and stick it on to him.

"Peter Pan!" Wendy says in excitement.

Yup. That's Peter Pan.

Peter Pan looks around in surprise and stands up, well more like flies up.

"Oh, Peter! I knew you'd come back. I saved your shadow for you." Wendy starts to say as she gets out of bed and walks up to Peter. "I do hope it isn't rumpled."

While Wendy was walking towards Peter, he was backing up until he hit the wall. Peter looks at me and then back at Wendy.

I get out of bed and walk towards them but not too close. I don't want Peter feeling claustrophobic. And I just notice how close Wendy is to Peter.

Wow, Wendy doesn't even know about personal space. But who am I to blame her. She is talking to the Peter Pan.