Chapter 11

Val's POV

After leaving the Indian encampment, we start heading to Peter's hideout. Once we went inside, we continued to party aroound.

And I also saw Wendy sitting on the bed. Huh, no wonder I couldn't find her at the Indian encampment. She was here the whole time.

After a while, Peter comes in. "Big Chief Flying Eagle greets his braves. How." Peter says in an Indian voice.

Everyone, except for Wendy, started bowing and saying, "How."

"Big Chief greets little mother. How." Peter says to Wendy.

Wendy only looks the other way with an upset look on her face.

"Oh, Wendy, is that all you have to say? Everyone else thinks I'm wonderful." Peter says to Wendy.

"Especially Tiger Lily." Wendy says before walking over to John, Michael, and I.

"Tiger Lily?" Peter asks in confusion.

"John, Michael, Val. Take off that war paint and get ready for bed." Wendy says to us.

"Bed?" John and I ask.

"Brave no sleep. Go for days without sleep." Michael says to Wendy.

"But we're going home in the morning." Wendy says.

"Home?" I ask.

"Wendy, we don't want to go home." Michael complains.

I don't want to go home. I've had so much fun ever since we got here. I don't really want to go back to my normal life. And I might actually feel happy here for once.

Peter then stands next to us and says, "No go home. Stay many moons. Have heap big time."

"Now, Peter, let's stop pretending and be practical." Wendy says to Peter.

"Chief Flying Eagle has spoken." Peter says before going into, what I believe to be, his room.

"Oh, for goodness sake. Please. Do you want to stay here and grow up like savages?" Wendy asks us.

"Of course." Michael says.

"Yes." I say afterwards.

"But you can't. You need a mother. We all do." Wendy says.

But mine is gone. I don't want to replace my only mother.

"Aren't you our mother, Wendy?" Michael asks Wendy.

"Oh, Michael, of course not. Surely, you haven't forgotten our real mother." Wendy says.

"Did she have silky ears and wear a fur coat?" Michael asks.

"Oh, no, Michael. That was Nana." Wendy says.

Oh, yeah. I remember Nana.

"I think I had a mother once." Cubby says.

"What was she like?" The raccoon twins ask.

"I forget." Cubby says.

"I had a white rat!" Slightly says.

"That's no mother!" Cubby says while shoving slightly.

It then ended with the Lost Boys fighting each other.

They always have to fight one another.

"No, no, boys. Please. I'll tell you what a mother is." Wendy says to the Lost boys.

The Lost Boys stop fighting and start sitting down around Wendy. I walk over to the wall and sit down while leaning against it.

Oh, no. Here we go again with the mother topic. Hopefully I don't break crying while listening to Wendy.

"Well, a mother, a real mother, is the most wonderful person in the world. She's the angel voice that bids you goodnight, kisses your cheek, whispers, 'Sleep tight'." Wendy says. She then starts wiping the war paint off Michael's face.

And before you know it, Wendy starts singing about mothers.

Your mother and mine

The helping hand that guides you along
Whether you're right, whether you're wrong

Your mother and mine

And just by listening to Wendy sing, I start to feel a little tears form in my eyes. I wipe my tears and bring my legs to my chest while putting my head down.

What makes mothers all that they are
Might as well ask what makes a star

Ask your heart to tell you her worth

Your heart will say heaven on earth

This is just sad for me. I miss my parents so much.

I sit there in the same position until I feel someone pick me up bridal style. I open my eyes to see... Peter?!

Peter then starts walking into his room without anyone noticing.

What is he doing?! I'm freaking out right now! He probably saw me out there and didn't want me to feel sad anymore.

Peter sets me down on one of the seats and sits next to me while putting his arm around my shoulder in comfort.

...Wow. I have never seen Peter act this way before.

After a while, I finally say something. "Thanks, Peter. I just don't want to leave this place. I've never felt so happy like this whenever I was home. And since my parents are... gone, I feel like Neverland is my home." I say to Peter while looking down.

Peter only nods while comforting me.

Wendy finished singing and it was quiet for a while.

"I wanna see my mother." I hear Michael say to Wendy.

"I propose we leave for home at once." I then hear John say.

Afterwards the Lost Boys kept ranting about coming with Wendy, John, and Michael.

"All right, boys. All right. I'm sure Mother would be glad to have you. That is, if Peter doesn't mind." Wendy says the last part a little louder for us to hear.

Peter gets up and walks out the room. "Go on. Go back and grow up. But I'm warning you, once you're grown up, you can never come back. Never. And Val is staying here." He says.

Wait, I'm staying?! For real?! Yes!!!

Peter then walks into the room and lays on his hammock.

"They're leaving?" I ask Peter.

"Yeah. But they'll be back." Peter says before playing his flute.

Well, at least they are going to go back to they're family.