Chapter 5

Val's POV

Oh, my god! Wendy is going to kiss Peter. My eyes are still closed. It should have ended... now. No wait... now.

I then hear Wendy shriek. Wait, why shriek? Was the kiss that bad to make her shriek?

I open my eyes to see a yellow light pulling on Wendy's hair.

Huh, you don't see that every day. I guess Wendy didn't kiss Peter.

"Stop! Stop it, Tink!" Peter yells before using his hat to try and catch... Tink?

Peter kept jumping around and soon jumps on Michael's bed and catches Tink and jumps off.

Michael then wakes up and sees Peter. "John, John, wake up! He's here." He says as he gets out of bed.

John gets up and puts his glasses on. He then gasps when he sees Peter. "Jiminy!"

"What in the world was that?" Wendy asks, referring to what pulled her hair.

"Oh, light pulled on your hair. But that seems impossible." I say to Wendy.

"It was Tinkerbell. Don't know what got into her." Peter says as he looks in his hat.

Tinkerbell? Who's Tinkerbell?

"Hello, Peter Pan. I'm Michael." Michael says to Peter Pan.

"And my name is John. How do you do?" John says as he walks up to us.

"Hello." Peter says to them.

Michael then looks into Peter's hat. "Oh, look, a firefly." He says to us.

"A pixie." Wendy says in surprise.

"Amazing." John says.

"Wow." I say in amazement. So it's a fairy.

The fairy, named Tinkerbell, started twinkling.

"What's the pixie doing?" Michael asks.

"Talking." Peter answers.

"What did she say?" Wendy asks.

"She says you're a big, ugly girl." Peter says as Tinkerbell flew out.

Wendy started laughing but stops when she realizes what he said. "Oh, well, I think she's lovely." She says to Peter.

"Well, come on, Wendy and Val, let's go!" Peter says as he goes to the window.

I quickly put on my boots and walk towards the window.

"Where are we going?" Michael asks me as he holds my hand.

"To Neverland." I answer.

"Neverland?" Michael asks in surprise.

"Peter's taking the four of us." Wendy says.

"Four?" Peter asks as he stands in front of us.

"Well, of course. We couldn't go without Michael and John." Wendy says to Peter.

"Oh, I should very much to cross swords with some real buccaneers." John says while pretending to hold a sword and fight a pirate.

"Yes, and fight pirates too." Michael adds while spinning around.

"Well, alright. But you gotta take orders." Peter says.

"Aye, aye, sir." John says as he salutes.

"Me too." Michael says while saluting as well.

"But, Peter, how do we get to Neverland?" Wendy asks.

Uh, don't we fly there. It's pretty obvious.

"Fly, of course." Peter says.

"Fly?" Wendy asks in confusion.

"It's easy. All you have to do is to.. is to.. is to." Peter says while thinking of something.

Does he know how we fly. I hope it's easy.

"Huh, that's funny." Peter says.

"What's the matter? Don't you know?" Wendy asks Peter.

"Oh, sure. It's just that I never thought about it before." Peter says. Just like that, he thinks of something. "Say, that's it! You think of a wonderful thought." He says to us.

A happy thought? Oh, great, this is going to be hard.

"Any happy, little thought?" Wendy and John ask.

"Uh-huh." Peter answers.

"Like toys at Christmas?" Wendy asks.

"Sleigh bells, snow?" John asks.

"Being the only survivor of a fire in your house?"

I look at the other to see them looking at me in concern. Well, Peter has a face of confusion.

Oh, shoot. "Did I say that out loud?" I ask nervously. "Sorry, I had a rough life back then. More like a year ago." I say the last part quietly to myself.

"But you can still think of a happy thought, Val." Wendy says encouraging to me.

"Yeah, I guess." I say.

"Alright, watch me now. Here I go!" Peter says before flying around us. "It's easier than pie."

Easy for you to say. And I'm certain I said that in my head.

"He can fly!" Wendy says amazed.

"He can fly!" John says afterwards.

"He flew!" Michael says.

Peter lands on the end of John's bed and says, "Now you try."

I'll think of a mermaid lagoon, underneath a magic moon." Wendy says.

"I'll think I'm in a pirate's cave." John says.

"I think I'll be an Indian brave." Michael says.

What could my happy thought be. It's hard to think of one because every happy memory I had relates to my parents. And they are gone. So I don't know what to think about.

"Now everybody try. One, two, Three!" Once Peter says that, he throws us in the air.

I hope this doesn't end badly.