Cookies // Ch.7

It's been a few days since I was discharged from the infirmary, Octavio has been visiting me quite often even though I'm better than ever, I think it's really sweet of him. I start drawing hearts in my notebook with "Octy" written inside those hearts, "I hope he also comes to visit me today." I look up at the ceiling starstruck. Then it hit me "I think today i'm gonna try to make the cookies that I promised myself to make him!"

I hop out off bed and rush to the kitchen, I take the recipe from off the fridge and start to read it. "This seems simple, luckily the games take place tomorrow so I have time to makes these cookies as perfect as I can!" I grab all the ingredients like flour, chocolate chips, eggs, sugar, etc, then put my pink apron on. I start by adding flour, sugar and eggs to the bowl and start mixing them together, then I add the chocolate chips and mix that in as well. My arms are worn out from mixing but now I realize I forgot to add an important ingredient, "MILK!" I open the fridge to and grab the milk and pour it in the bowl; now that I mixed everything, I grab the roller and start rolling the dough.

I feel like i'm on my own cooking show.
I grab a knife to make the cookie shape since I don't have those cookie shape things and try making cookie triangles. I cut about 20 triangles and put them on the pan and set the timer for about an hour. I look around the counter to see what a mess a I made, I grab some napkins and start to clean up the counter and then do the dishes. "I wonder if Octy is going to visit me today." I can feel the butterflies in my stomach "Please, cookies turn out well!" I think to myself It's only been 20 minutes. I sit on the couch with my giant nessie and turn the T.V on, nothing really interesting is on, I keep switching channels until I find myself watching a show called "The Flinstones"
I remember watching this with Papa when I was younger, this brings back many memories, happy memories, which made me miss Papa even more, I start to tear up a little but I try my hardest not to cry, "Papa would want me to be strong!" I say to myself. (Ding!) "Oh the cookies must be done!"

I run back into the kitchen and take the cookies out with my hands but burn my left hand "OW!" I look at my red hand, I can see it starting to blister, "Why did I do that? I must have gotten to excited to see the cookies.. I'm so stupid." I get my cooking mitten and take the cookie tray, Now that I see the triangle cookies, they look...a bit unappetizing but that's ok, right?! I take a deep breath, "Now it's time for a series of tests, First the duration test to see if they break, I grab a cookie and break it in half "It broke!" now for the final test, the taste test, I grab a cookie and I'm hesitant to take a bite of this but I manage to make myself take a bite.

It's bland, "I can't give these failures to Octavioo!", "I need to get rid of this, I need to make a new ba-" the doorbell rings, "Who could be ringing...,Octy?!" I run to the door and look out the peephole, it is indeed Octavio "OH,NO,NO,NO,NOO!" I scream in my head "UH, one second!" I run to the kitchen and grab the tray of cookies, pour them into a bag and hid it under a pillow on my couch. I then rush to open the door for Octavio, "Hola, Nat!" he's not wearing his mask today, I get a quick glimpse of his lips before looking away but I feel like he caught me since he smirked a little.

I start to play with my bangs a little in anxiousness because of the cookies that I hid in a pretty bad spot. I catch Octavio heading toward the couch and try to stop him "Octy! Don't sit there it's umm.." he looks at me confused "Umm that couch...is not working!" I facepalm myself "am I that stupid like seriously "that couch isn't working." Octavio smiles and just that made me wish to be in his arms. "Are you hiding something?" he starts to chuckle; "I'm not!" I play with my bangs again. He heads over to the couch and sits on it "What do you mean it's not working Nat? Look it's fine." I'm hoping and praying he doesn't check under the pillows.

"Wow, shocking! Get it?" I try to distract him with a pun and nervously laugh. Octavio lifts one of the two pillows on the couch, I can feel the soul leave my body as he checks other then other one and find the cookies "Bingo,conejita! So this is what you were hiding from me?"
"Pfft..nooo." He looks into the bag to see the abomination I've created. "Ooo are these cookies, Nat?" I try to get the bag out of his hand but miss; "Octy please don't eat those, you will regret it; they don't taste good!" I bite my bottom lip a little, "So you made these?" he asks "..Yeah, it was my first time cooking so I tried making you cookies to show how much I appreciate you for that one time you came over and- Crap, I said too much." Octavio turns away from my quickly with his hand on his mouth; "So you made these for me?" he opens the bag and takes a bite of a cookie, and pauses.

   "These aren't bad, Nat!" he takes another bite of another cookie,then another and keeps eating one cookie after another, I hear him cough a few times but he still manages to eat every single cookie from the bag. I knew he didn't like them but he ate them all...for me.
  "We should make cookies together sometime, Nat!" I start to cry tears of joy and Octavio freaks out  "NAT, WHATS WRONG?!" he asks but I ignore it and give him a big hug.
...
"Does next week sound good?"

To Be Continued
//1085 words , sorry I took so long :<//