Chapter 16

•••

•••

A/N: Very, VERY long chapter. Enjoy :)

•••

"Everything begun on a day of spring in 1946, the day we met them."

Two seventeen years old teenagers, one girl and one boy, were walking side by side in the little city of Briançon, not too far from the borderline with Italy. They were looking similar, they were sharing some features. The girl was wearing a beige-ish button-down blouse tucked into a high waisted light reddish trouser with red baby doll heels. Her brown hair was beautifully curled, covering one side of her face, and gracefully falling in her back. Next to was her brother. The boy was wearing a white shirt tucked into a black trouser and underneath suspenders black monk shoes. His brown hair was perfectly neat, maintained with hair-oil.

The sound of Irene's red heals hitting the floor was resonating as she walked in the hard concrete street, alongside Tony. They just arrived a few days ago in the city. Before, they were living in Paris for a year before deciding to leave to explore the country. One of their neighbour they had talked about Briançon, so the twins had decided to go there first. They had the eternity to visit the country anyway. The sun was hidden by the thick white clouds. The region wasn't too sunny so it was perfect for the two vampires. It wasn't cold but not too hot either. Just what it needed. Irene was looking around, admiring the rustic beauty of the city. It wasn't as developed as Paris but it had its charms. It was like a village, very convivial. The Chevrolet Corvettes and Ciroën DSs were scrolling on the road. People were walking with their loved one, or alone to go to work or maybe having fun at a bar. Meters away, in a restaurant, Irene and Tony saw people enjoying their meal. They were envying them. Having the possibility to eat. Sometime, the twins would see delicious dishes. They wanted to taste it but it wasn't possible. Vampires couldn't eat human foods. It was one of the many things they regretted from their human life. It had been ten years already that they had been turned. It seemed a long time ago. But it was nothing in vampire age. They were still young vampires. Still looking inside the restaurant, Irene noticed one man abusing of the fact that he was a man. The dominant sex in the misogynistic world they were. Irene was too far to hear was he was saying but he seemed to be asking very harshly to the waitress. The latter took his dish and the man slapped her butt. The waitress clenched her jaw but didn't say anything and just leave. Seeing this, Irene non-existing blood started to boil.

"Do you want to take care of this, sister?" Tony asked after seeing the scene. He knew Irene would do something anyway.

"With great pleasure," she said.

The twins went to wait in a small alley. After a moment, the man finally finished his last dish and walked out of the restaurant. Irene walked out of her hidden spot and followed the man until he turned to an empty alley, away from people eyes. He had no idea that he was followed before he heard a feminine voice talking from the distance behind him.